Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley
US$347
The Convent Hunter Valley Hotel(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
US$177
Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort(Pokolbin)
US$286
US$167
US$121
US$96
Pokolbin Village(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$80
Agoda.com
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$143
  • Pool
Hunter Valley Resort(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
US$123
  • Breakfast included
The Guest House(Pokolbin)
TripAdvisor
Tower Lodge(Pokolbin)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssebel kirktonmanor houseindoor poolwest winghunter valleyhigh tearose gardenbuffet breakfastroom was spaciousrolling hillsmain buildinglovely groundstennis courtsmid weeka lovely stayglass of wineopen fire
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Rooms in the west wing have a superb view of the valley, and the staff were exceptionally helpful. A great place to say.

Room Tip: As for the view!
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed in a Heritage room in the Manor House for one night while stocking up on wine for the coming year. A very pleasant stay in rooms with period furniture, and beautifully kept inside and out. It was also a very comfortable and quiet sleep.

We ate in the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed it. While there might be some better restaurants food or value wise in the area if you want to drive, the restaurant served a lovely meal for the convenience of eating 'in house' and we would do it again.

While we didn't use the pool and gym we did check it out and it was impressive, rather we enjoyed strolling through the rose garden and fountains, sitting back in the lounge and sitting on our balcony watching the sunset with the spoils of that day's tastings.

We stay in the Hunter Valley wine region each January, and this has been our favourite place so far, and we will return. We did get a special internet rate which made the value for money unquestionable, but would still pay a more normal rate to stay again.

Room Tip: Manor House common interior was a highlight.
1  Thank Pinchey79
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Had a wedding to go to, booked two months ahead of time due to being pregnant.

Location was very nice, grounds were clean and gardens were neat.

Hotel was clean, our room wasn't so clean. Hair in the bathroom and repairs wholes on the bathroom walls.

Bar area was very small, staff not there all the time. Price of drinks very high.

Wedding was very nice, a job well done.

Breakfast was great, the staff were to happy to assist you if you needed anything different.

I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed here for one night from the 21st till the 22nd of January and really enjoyed our stay.
We arrived early and got to check in way before check in time which was nice to relax and refesh a little.
The room was nice but nothing special except for the view of the gardens.
The girl at reception does a brilliant job, very friendly and helpfull and gave us some great tips which we end up doing and enjoying.
Breakfast was brilliant although thats what you expect for 45 dollars lol.
Overall I'd recommend this hotel, it was a great stay for the Hunter Valley but I do think it's overpriced.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed at the Sebel Kirkton Park for one night as part of a mini tour of Port Stephens/Hunter Valley for our honeymoon as we wanted a 'special' night somewhere whilst we were in Oz getting married. We certainly weren't disappointed!

The location is absolutely stunning, the Hotel being made up of a collection of low rise colonial style buildings as opposed to one large building so it's all verandas and balustrading which enhances the overall feeling of space. Our room was a deluxe room which was part of a building behind the main hotel. It was clean, spacious, had a massive bath and a table on the veranda outside the French window with a magnificent panoramic view of the valley, mountains and vineyards. The hotel itself has a very calm and relaxed feel about it and the surroundings are very peaceful with odd benches dotted around in the grounds where you can sit and just take in the view and listen to the wildlife!

We ate in the restaurant that night and the food was absolutely superb albeit the service was a bit slow between courses. I got the feeling, however, that this might just be an Australian thing as it wasn't the only place we ate in where the service was a bit 'relaxed'. However, when you eat in highish end expensive eateries a certain level of attention and service is expected, by me anyway, and I felt this could definitely be improved on all things considered. Lovely meal though none the less, the pork belly was to die for!

As we were only there for one night we didn't use any of the facilities so I can't comment on those (pool, bar etc) but we passed by or through all areas and all looked very nice. We had spent the afternoon on a wine tasting tour which the hotel had booked us on. As a side note, the wine tasting tour is more a case of being driven around some vineyards and trying a little with the hope that you buy in their shops, you don't actually get shown the vineyards or any of the production etc. Not so sure it was great value at $55AUD each but when on limited time.....

Overall, it is an excellent place to stay and I wish we'd had another night. The room rate was good however the dining is expensive (yet very nice) as is the breakfast ($30AUD for full buffet or $25AUD if you ask for a voucher the night before and it wasn't that warm and the plates were cold). We arrived early and they rushed to get our room ready for us and when we discovered that a couple of things were missing from the room clean (dressing gown, milk etc) the receptionist rushed down straight away herself to bring the missing items, the service was truly exceptional.

Any bad points? Well, not so much bad but two things were a little disappointing. Part of my consideration when booking was that complimentary wifi is advertised as being available in your room. This turned out not to be the case as there wasn't sufficient reception. When I asked about it they were aware and suggested I use the wifi in the main building which only appeared to work in the reception foyer. Not wanting to spend my time sitting in reception like a plum I didn't really use it. No biggie but if it's offered it should work.

Secondly, on check out I was offered a choice of paying in GBP or AUD. I opted to pay in GBP as I had done this at the Hilton Sydney the previous week with no extra charge. However, in this case the payment was processed by Travelex and I got charged a whopping exchange rate equal to about 10% of the entire bill which was by no means small in the first place. That did leave a bit of a bitter taste as we left the hotel and took the shine off it a bit which was a real shame, I really feel that this should have been explained to me before I paid.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to stay there again hopefully. Just keep your eye on your costs and enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2012