The staff went out of their way to try to accommodate us after given a room where we had to go up steps to get to and even a huge step to get into the shower and no grab rails (yes, we informed them beforehand of our disability). This first room had chipped paint, bodgied up holes behind the door, and mould in the grout in the bathroom. It was pretty slap shot and unappealing.
While we contemplated going home the manager on duty 'found' us a disabled room. I felt that it was all an imposition yet still wanted to give this motel a chance due to the other lovely staff.
Parking - almost impossible if you're in a wheelchair. Trying to get around to the front of the facility was a nightmare when we were given another room to look at.
Slippery tiles! A very small seat in the shower recess, no-where to put shampoo bottle, it needs grab rails, and needs a panic button.
To access the lovely gardens we encountered more obstacles! Loose stones for pathways and more steps.
30 minute wait at breakfast to get a cup of coffee is too long.
Very disappointed in access and won't be able to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you are looking for a close but elegant holiday away from the hustle and bustle of the city, we invite you to consider The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley.The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley is less than 2 hours drive from Sydney's CBD in the glorious, panoramic Pokolbin countryside. Featuring an excellent array of meeting, conference and event facilities, this stylish hotel combines the elegance of a bygone era with all the comforts and luxuries of a contemporary lifestyle. This romantic Hunter Valley accommodation is perfect for a couple's weekend away to reconnect, unwind and spend time with the one you love.Set within 70 acres of beautifully manicured gardens and gently rolling grounds with magnificent views over tranquil vineyards and the wineries of the Hunter Valley, The Sebel Kirkton Park offers exceptional accommodation and a superb array of activities for leisure guests, as well as the conference and incentive delegate. Elegant function rooms and stunning scenery make this the ideal venue for stylish wedding receptions.Couples and families will enjoy the manicured gardens, tennis courts and the many facilities at The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley. With 71 beautifully appointed rooms and suites it is the ideal choice for romantic weekends away or time out with the children. There are several Hunter Valley accommodation wedding and weekend getaway packages available as well.The hotel accommodation rooms and suites are spacious and well appointed, majority with ensuite bathrooms, some with individual spa baths, complimentary cookies and tea making facilities, cable television, minibar and all rooms have broadband connectivity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, ACCOR, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia