As we entered the majestic grand doors of Tower Lodge, I was in love.
The amazing entrance of Tower Lodge takes you to another place. I felt as though I was in a beautiful Riad in Marrakech or in an exclusive chateau somewhere in France. I never knew such a magical place existed only a few hours from Sydney.
The first room we saw was The Lounge Room. The fire place was going, there was ambient music, the lounge was extremely comfortable. I was lost for words as the place was just sooo beautiful and luxurious yet it was cosy, warm and extremely welcoming. I was intrigued by all the detailing and delicious ambience. The energy of the room was captivating and so comforting. I couldn't stop smiling and giggling for hours as I was just in awe at how amazing this place already was and I haven't even seen my room.
I stayed in Room 10. Perfection. Absolute perfection. The room was decadent, luxurious and extremely welcoming. Seems to be a common theme in this amazing place.
As I entered the room, I was welcomed with the crackling of wood from the fireplace and classical music. WOW! Felt so pampered and looked after already.
The fittings and detailing of the room was exquisite. Absolutely exquisite. The bed was extremely comfortable. I haven't slept that well in ages. The bathroom was amazing!... Extremely spacious, luxurious and very inviting.
The staff were impeccable, caring and attentive.
Paul was the manager on for the evening we arrived. There was a large group of us arriving throughout all crazy hours of the night and Paul was AMAZING!.. He was friendly, attentive and provided amazing service - maintaining my fireplace for house on end even though I wasn't in the room and spending my time hanging out in the Lounge Room. We had arranged a dinner service for our group at a certain time and kept changing the times on when to serve dinner due to our different arrival times and Paul was soo great with all the changes requested!!
Another mention would have to be to Karlie, the owner of the estate. WOW! What an incredible human being - So attentive, generous, gracious and wonderful. Karlie managed our booking and our constant requests and changes (even up to the very very last minute) and she made the start of the experience delightful. It was really lovely to have met the owner and hear her share the story, the history and share the love and passion for this gorgeous venue. It made the experience really personable and amazing.
I can't recommend this place enough!.. It was one of the most amazing hotel experiences in my life. I have travelled around the world.. and never would I ever have thought such a grand and decadent place existed only a few hours from Sydney. It's a little piece of European luxury in Australia. It really is up there with one of my top travelling experiences.
I'm still giddy and in awe of how amazing this place is. I can't wait to revisit. A home away from home. A luxurious escape. Totally magical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tower Lodge is the only truly intimate World class luxury Lodge in the Hunter Valley region, accommodating a maximum of 24 guests at any one time. The Lodge is not only luxurious, but also offers a stage to create your own special experience, one that will become your benchmark for years to come. Located at Tower Estate in the Hunter Valley, Australia the Lodge was recognised as the best "Luxury Lodge" for 2010 at the World Luxury Hotel Awards. Tower Lodge represents all that is Unique, Intimate and Luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tower Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tower Lodge - Relais & Chateaux Hotel Pokolbin
- Tower Lodge - Relais And Chateaux
- Tower Lodge Pokolbin
- Pokolbin Tower Lodge
- Tower Lodge Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia