We were lucky enough to use Tower Estate as our wedding venue which included Tower Lodge, Peppers Convent and Roberts Restaurant. Most of the guests stayed at the convent which is beautiful but me and the bridesmaids stayed at Tower Lodge and let me tell you, this place is on a whole other level! Its like being in another country or time. We had 2 rooms, the chairmans suite (AMAZING) and the twin room. Each room was different from the other in design and style but both exquisite in decoration and atmosphere. The chairmans suite had a huge 4 poster canapy bed that is over 300 years old. Each room had a log fireplace, sitting room, dressing room and amazing spa bathrooms.
The staff were brilliant. I had organised a high tea for us in the afternoon, this is a MUST DO if u stay here! Sandwiches, cakes, pastries, jellies, quiches all so delicious.
The breakfast the next morning was even better, hands down the best eggs benedict ive ever had in my life.
We also spent some time around the pool, very private and beautiful.
Aside from having my wedding here and being a tad biased, I cant wait to stay here again. Yes its probably the most expensive place to stay in the hunter valley ( around $450 a night) but for a special occasion or a romantic weekend away its worth every cent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tower Lodge is the only truly intimate World class luxury Lodge in the Hunter Valley region, accommodating a maximum of 24 guests at any one time. The Lodge is not only luxurious, but also offers a stage to create your own special experience, one that will become your benchmark for years to come. Located at Tower Estate in the Hunter Valley, Australia the Lodge was recognised as the best "Luxury Lodge" for 2010 at the World Luxury Hotel Awards. Tower Lodge represents all that is Unique, Intimate and Luxurious. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tower Lodge - Relais And Chateaux
- Tower Lodge - Relais & Chateaux Hotel Pokolbin
- Tower Lodge Pokolbin
- Pokolbin Tower Lodge
- Tower Lodge Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia