We have stayed at a number of places in the Hunter Valley, but the only one we will ever return to is the Tower Lodge. From the moment you walk in, you feel like you’re the King of the manner. The staff is friendly and willing to help you make the most of your stay by doing everything from making dinner reservations at various local restaurants, to helping you plan the perfect day’s activities. Yes, it is a little on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for!!! From the incredible gourmet breakfast (everything on the menu is a must try) to the afternoon tea (witch includes fresh made pastries and sandwiches), to evening drinks is all inclusive and when you take into consideration what you would have payed for the same thing somewhere else, you quickly begin to realise that your getting your moneys worth! With only 12 rooms, you rarely ever see other guests. It’s also fun to come back and try a different room each time, as they are all very different in layout and décor.
I have read other reviews by guests claiming it’s not all that... I think those people are just chronic complainers that wouldn’t be happy anywhere!
We are already planning my next visit, hope to see you there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tower Lodge is the only truly intimate World class luxury Lodge in the Hunter Valley region, accommodating a maximum of 24 guests at any one time. The Lodge is not only luxurious, but also offers a stage to create your own special experience, one that will become your benchmark for years to come. Located at Tower Estate in the Hunter Valley, Australia the Lodge was recognised as the best "Luxury Lodge" for 2010 at the World Luxury Hotel Awards. Tower Lodge represents all that is Unique, Intimate and Luxurious. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tower Lodge - Relais And Chateaux
- Tower Lodge - Relais & Chateaux Hotel Pokolbin
- Tower Lodge Pokolbin
- Pokolbin Tower Lodge
- Tower Lodge Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia