“Fabulous food, wine, entertainment and company for New Year's Eve.”
Review of Tower Lodge

Tower Lodge
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Sydney, Australia
“Fabulous food, wine, entertainment and company for New Year's Eve.”
Reviewed 6 January 2011

This was our second New Year's Eve at Tower Lodge and it was fabulous. The food and wine were outstanding and the company was fun. Overall, we had a very relaxing time and were very well looked after, as usual. We plan to visit again this year and highly recommend Tower Lodge to anyone looking for a unique experience in the Hunter Valley wine country.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sydney
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I was lucky enough to have a secret getaway to Tower Lodge as a Birthday present. I didn't know where we would be staying in the Hunter Valley, however in the back of my mind I was hoping for Tower Lodge as I'd seen it previously on the internet. I was thrilled when we pulled up on the beautiful property. Given there are only 12 rooms, the premises was very quiet and peaceful. The greeting service was excellent.
The highlights for us were: the beauty of the rooms, the scerenity of the environment, the excellent service, the beautiful breakfasts served out in the courtyard by the fountain.
If I could point out a couple of areas which were a talking point for my partner and I:
1. Mosquitos - it may have been the time of year, or just a temporary issue, however the amount of mosquitos was quite annoying. Each night before bed, my partner and I would try to catch as many as we could. However we still had uncomfortable sleeps. Tower Lodge have obviously attempted to make their guests stays more comfortable by supplying mosquito spray, citronella candles if choosing to sit outside, and fly screen nettings on doors, and a mosquito preventer plugged in near the bed. However this wasn't enough to keep them away. We were also particular about keeping doors closed as much as possible. However in saying this, if there is a problem at Tower Lodge, I would assume there is a problem in other places in the Hunter, at least Tower Lodge tried to do something about them.
2. Value - the rooms and service are lovely and I would choose Tower Lodge for its styling, beauty and scerenity over many Hunter properties. However, I can't help but feel the cost was a little overpriced and hence this is likely to prevent us choosing Tower Lodge regularly. But for a special occassion, would definitely reconsider!
A very beautiful stay!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 November 2010

We just spent the weekend at Tower Lodge and all I can say it is the "best of the best". It is with out question the best accommodation place I have ever stayed in. The GM Andreas was by far a standout in our eyes, he greeted us at the front door, helped with our luggage and gave us a personal tour of the Lodge. We now understand why this place won an award at the World luxury hotels awards this year. We came away from the weekend feeling like a king and queen.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Needabreak2230
sydney
Reviewed 11 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at Tower Lodge for our anniversay in late October. The ammenties and service was second to none. We were greated by the hotel manager Andreas, he couldn't do enough for us. With an hour and a half notice he organised 2 massages on site. Which we fantastic.
Our suite was immaculately kept and was beautifully decorated.
Before being driven to Robert's for dinner we sat in sitting room for a complimentary 'aperativo'.
The breakfast was was to die for, There was so much to choose from.
We were in search of a day and night of peace, tranquility and indulgence and we found it at the Lodge. It was hard to believe that we were only two hours away from Sydney.

Thank you to Andreas and the staff for making our stay so lovely. We will definitely return.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 November 2010

The Tower Lodge is a world class facility with superb customer service. It rates up there with some of the classiest hotels in the world. Each guest is given personalized attention and really taken care of. I highly recommend the Tower Lodge.

Primbee
Reviewed 6 November 2010

As we walked through the ornately carved wooden doors we were instantly aware that we had stepped into something serene. Andreas and his friendly staff greeted us with warmth and affection. Our first encounter was the lounge area. What a warm and relaxing area. We were then shown to our room. The subdued lighting and spaciousness of our room was wonderful. We were hesitant to leave our oasis to explore the wineries. We returned in the early afternoon to soak up the quiet ambience. We enjoyed our pre dinner drinks and our breakfast the following morning.

Thank you Andreas and staff for making our short stay such a memorable one. We have been showing the Tower Estate booklet to all our freinds. We look forward to returning in the future.
Jule and Kurt Krause
Primbee NSW

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We went to the Hunter Valley and stayed at the Tower Lodge to see our horses in studs in the surrounding area. In other words we weren't there for the vineyards nor the hotel as a place for retreat. Nonetheless it was a very handsome base for us and as a designer I was very excited and tanalised by the varying and rich textures surrounding us be it in our room or in the reception/lounge areas.

Service wise we cannot commend enough the kindness of the staff. In the first instance I decided to surprise my partner with a sojourn to the Opera in the Vineyard. I rang ahead to see if it is possible for us to have a picnic rug to which the staff said "I'll find one and when I manage to do so I'll place it in your walk in robe so it looks like it's meant to be there so as not to spoil the surprise". A picnic rug we had and with it a wonderful experience of an opera in the vineyard. When the concert finished it poured with such heavy rain we couldn't make our way back to the hotel by foot after being dropped off by the bus at Pokolbin Village. We called the hotel for help and within two minutes Andrea the Manager came to our rescue.

In terms of food I have to say we've had better. In the overall scheme of things, however, this is a small matter as at the end of the two days we left the Tower Lodge feeling relaxed and welcomed and we had a great time.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
Tonic Hotel
#10 of 15 in Pokolbin
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley

Been to Tower Lodge? Share your experiences!