Last week my hubby and I again went to Tower Estate for a quick getaway from the kids while my parents were happy to take the kids for a couple of days.
This is our favourite place in the world and like a home away from home.
I was shocked to see the bad review on this place but some people are just never going to be pleased.
It is the most expensive place in the valley, but comparable to any 5 star hotel in a city and this is easily better than any of those boxes.
We stayed in room 7 this time which is a split level room overlooking the winery. This was great as the winery is in vintage at the moment and there was plenty of action happening. I will point out that it is about 150m away so you can't hear it.
The manager drove us too and from the Restaurant called Roberts where the meals were sensational. We had a table in the little cottage that was built in 1870 of there abouts. Everything was great but they didn't have my favourite wine on the menu but there are plenty of others to choose from.
We were offered a tour of the winery which I jumped at. It was great to see the behind the scenes working of this place. I now have a new favourite wine and that is the Tower Estate Semillon. Yummy. Hubby likes the shiraz. I had a massage in the afternoon with a lady called Sally and it was amazing while hubby played golf. He came back grumpy so I guess he didn't do too well. Nothing a Pinot Noir didn't fix. Dinner in the room and headed off early the next morning.
This place is so good that we save up our money and parents babysitting times for every opportunity to get there. I see it just got voted Worlds Best Lodge so just don't take my word for it.
While I was there Getaway were about to do a story on it so I will be looking out for what they think.
Do yourself a favour and go and experience bliss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tower Lodge is the only truly intimate World class luxury Lodge in the Hunter Valley region, accommodating a maximum of 24 guests at any one time. The Lodge is not only luxurious, but also offers a stage to create your own special experience, one that will become your benchmark for years to come. Located at Tower Estate in the Hunter Valley, Australia the Lodge was recognised as the best "Luxury Lodge" for 2010 at the World Luxury Hotel Awards. Tower Lodge represents all that is Unique, Intimate and Luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tower Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tower Lodge - Relais And Chateaux
- Tower Lodge - Relais & Chateaux Hotel Pokolbin
- Tower Lodge Pokolbin
- Pokolbin Tower Lodge
- Tower Lodge Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia