We were here for a weekend getaway from the city and enjoyed our stay. The only shortcoming I would say is that it didn't have a spa. They told me that it was being considered to be constructed at some point in the future. I was badly in need of a massage and they were nice enough to book one for me and had a masseuse come to the room - but it was not ideal (as I prefer to be in a separate spa area and my husband wouldn't have to feel like he should leave the room).
All and all however, the place is quite lovely. Great service, food, clean, quiet and very relaxing. Also loved the fireplace and extras that came with the room (i.e., wine, etc.). But if you are looking for a complete package including access to a spa - you might want to consider other similar places with a spa. It was our fault for not checking in advance to see if they had a spa - my husband assumed that they would...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personal service & attention to detail in every way! A luxurious Guesthouse, Spicers Vineyards Estate is set amidst its own private vineyard. Every suite features king beds, lounge area, open fireplace, spa en-suite, flat screen TV with CD/DVD and IPod dock, whilst the property boasts gourmet dining experiences at onsite Restaurant Botanica, Salt water pool & spa, guest lounge & boardroom, free wireless broadband and every guest is greeted on arrival with complimentary wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spicers Vineyards Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia