Let's start with the positives.
The rooms are nicely appointed and quite stylish. Reception was helpful and friendly. The Botanica restaurant is excellent. Fantastic food and warm attentive service. The romantic turn-down package was lovely. The complimentary mini-bar was great.
On the down side.
Unfortunately, the room was full of mosquitos. We killed half a dozen, and still got eaten alive - and this in the middle of winter.
The room was also stiflingly hot - even with the heating turned off. This, combined with the mozzies, made for a pretty awful sleep.
We only stayed one night, but had housekeeping come into the room at 8.45am while we were still in bed. I think its a bit rude and intrusive to barge in on a Saturday morning at that time - especially when we were not due to check out until 10.30.
All up, not a bad choice for the Hunter, but could be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personal service & attention to detail in every way! A luxurious Guesthouse, Spicers Vineyards Estate is set amidst its own private vineyard. Every suite features king beds, lounge area, open fireplace, spa en-suite, flat screen TV with CD/DVD and IPod dock, whilst the property boasts gourmet dining experiences at onsite Restaurant Botanica, Salt water pool & spa, guest lounge & boardroom, free wireless broadband and every guest is greeted on arrival with complimentary wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Spicers Vineyards Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia