We found Spicers Vineyards Estate on Trip Advisor after searching for a one night stay in the Hunter Valley to celebrate our anniversary. We purchased an "Midweek Overnight Mini break" package which included one night's accommodation in a King Room, bubbles, beer and nibbles on arrival, 3 course dinner in their onsite restaurant "Botanical" and a Parisian breakfast. As soon as we arrived we knew we were in for a treat - the reception staff member Rhiannon was a delight and is a real credit to this business along with every staff member we came across. Although we were checking in at the same time as other guests, Rhiannon acknowledged us and reassured us she would be with us shortly. Check in was easy and we were shown to our upstairs room which overlooked the driveway and vineyard. The room we stayed in had a lovely modern, stylish decor (in fact the entire venue was well styled), good lighting, very clean and beautifully appointed with king bed, comfy lounge, relaxing music playing through the TV and a delightful bathroom complete with deluxe mini toiletries and fluffy robes. A knock at the door at approximately 6pm and we were presented with two glasses of bubbles (complete with strawberries) from Rhiannon and another staff member who offered to turn the bed down for us, which we politely declined. A short stroll over to the restaurant and once again we were treated to continued fantastic level of customer service with a pleasant waiter, also Rhiannon and another young lady who accommodated our every need. The food was of a very, very high standard and we chose an amazing bottle of David Hook blended Nebbiolo, Barbera and Sangiovese (visited the cellar door at 10.30am the following morning to buy a case but disappointingly closed!). After returning to our room (complete with bed turned down), we enjoyed a very quiet night's sleep (not a sound-so peaceful), breakfast the next morning was served on the verandah of the restaurant and once again we were not disappointed. Gorgeous, overlooking the vineyard. A must do for any couple looking for a beautiful getaway. Just do it. We will be back. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personal service & attention to detail in every way! A luxurious Guesthouse, Spicers Vineyards Estate is set amidst its own private vineyard. Every suite features king beds, lounge area, open fireplace, spa en-suite, flat screen TV with CD/DVD and IPod dock, whilst the property boasts gourmet dining experiences at onsite Restaurant Botanica, Salt water pool & spa, guest lounge & boardroom, free wireless broadband and every guest is greeted on arrival with complimentary wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Spicers Vineyards Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia