My partner and I wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of a Sydney New Years Eve.
We called a number of hotels/resorts in the Hunter Valley and from the moment the phone was answered at The Spicers Vineyard Estate I knew that this is where we were going to stay.
Our Suite (One of only Nine) was palacial with a the most comfortable King Sized Bed, fully stocked complimentary mini bar, open fire place (sadly redundant in Summer) and an ensuite fit for a King. The A/C was already on and the fragrant candle set the scene for a wonderfully romantic stay.
New Years Eve DInner was a perfect 6 course degustation. Starting with Canapes and local champagne beside the Vines we were ever impressed as each course of perfectly cooked, presented and served food was matched to its perfect wine (both local and international). Many thanks to chef, Mark!!
After dinner we returned to our suite before the clock struck twelve to find that the room had been serviced again and a bottle of bubbles coupled with a box of chocolates were awaiting us in the living area. Happy New Year???? Yes, indeed!!
Breakfast (my favourite meal of the day) at The Spicers Vineyard Estate was other-wordly. In the true Parisian Style we were served freshly baked croissant, danish and savoury tarts, a personal fruit platter, freshly squeezed juice cocktails and freshly brewed coffee to your taste. I confess that I visited the DIY cereal buffet twice because the exotic muesli was incredible.
Above all else the icing on the cake would have to be the service provided to us by Belinda and her Team. My partner and I were treated like we were the only people on the estate (In fact, it was fully booked). We were made to feel that we were the most important people in the world. Every request was met with a smile and was executed immediately.
Belinda recommended our activities, booked them on our behalf and even took care of the payment so that we paid one invoice for the entire weekend. The staff were so personable, friendly and professional.
I highly recommend The Spicers Vineyard Estate to anyone wanting the quintessential Hunter Valley getaway. We will most certainly go back (sooner rather than later) to experience it all over again.
Thanks Belinda, Mark and all the Team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Personal service & attention to detail in every way! A luxurious Guesthouse, Spicers Vineyards Estate is set amidst its own private vineyard. Every suite features king beds, lounge area, open fireplace, spa en-suite, flat screen TV with CD/DVD and IPod dock, whilst the property boasts gourmet dining experiences at onsite Restaurant Botanica, Salt water pool & spa, guest lounge & boardroom, free wireless broadband and every guest is greeted on arrival with complimentary wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spicers Vineyards Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Pokolbin
- Vineyards Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Spicers Vineyards Estate Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia