We made our booking after lunch at the Information Centre and our choice was a really good one. Travelling with our teenage son, we booked a 2 bedroom cabin. The cabin was totally self-contained with wonderful views all around. As soon as we carried the bags in, our son raced off to the tennis court nearby to practise his serve, while we admired the cabin. Each bedroom was spotless and attractive, each with its own en suite. The en suites were generous size, lots of natural light, a basket of toiletries to use and fluffy white towels. The entry verandah opened onto the living area with a kitchenette, comfortable lounges, a TV with good reception.
San Martino Restaurant on site was our choice for evening meal and breakfast. Service was prompt and friendly, surroundings were attractive and the food was really delicious. After breakfast Terry gave us a very informative tour of the winery that is also part of The Hunter Resort. We had enjoyed a wine tasting the afternoon before. There is a boutique cheese shop across the road and other wineries in the area.
I am looking forward to returning and staying longer than this short visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you are looking for in the Hunter - all at the one resort...* Onsite daily vineyard tours at 9am* Hunter Wine Theatre daily at 11am and 2pm* Horse & carriage tour* Horse riding* Bluetongue Brewery Cafe * Hunter Valley Wine School * Fantastic food from our San Martino Restaurant * Board games, pool table, 3km walking/jogging track * Heavenly Hunter Massage Centre * Pool, tennis, heated spa, mountain bikes * Wonderful rooms featuring timber cathedral ceilings * Situated within our own 40 year old vineyards * Owned and operated by the Hele family * And within minutes of the resort... 3 championship golf courses including Cypress Lakes and The Vintage, The Hunter Valley Gardens, cafes, restaurants, hot air ballooning, cheese factories, a chocolate factory, antique stores, a whole shopping village, 3 pampering / massage businesses and over 140 wineries to visit! Or if you prefer, just sit back, relax and finish that book you have been promising to do... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Hunter Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Resort Pokolbin
- Hunter Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Valley Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia