Hunter Valley Resort
Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
US$336
US$326
US$679
Priceline
Estate Tuscany(Pokolbin)
  • Breakfast included
Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort(Pokolbin)
  • Pool
  • Pool
The Guest House(Pokolbin)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshorse ridingwine theatrewine tastingspa cottagesegway tourhunter valleywine makingbrew housecellar doorbay brewerycheese factoryrestaurant stafftennis courtsterrybrewhouseaccommodationmatilda
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Hi Phil, Pat and myself feel privileged to have stayed. at Hunter Valley Resort. Initially organized by Countrylink at Broadmeadoes [Gary]. Hunter Valley Resort made us welcome from the start and ensured we were comfortable with the accommodation. Following days breakfasts excellent as were the Winery visits that followed. The HTR wine talk enlghtened our skimpy knowledge and broadened our appreciation of winemaking. Everybody wanted to make our stay- a holiday !! We will pass on this message to all contemplating a visit to the Hunter Valley Resort. We will be back again in the future, Until then , our best wishes, to you and the Team, Regards, The Turners from Tumbi NSW.............

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
philiphele, Owner at Hunter Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Great feedback - thank you. I'll pass onto the team!!

Reviewed 3 May 2012

My sister was visiting from overseas, so the Hunter Valley was on our 'to do' list. Tried out the Hunter resort as I have visited the brewery before and really liked it. The resort is nothing like the brewery... The room left much to be desired, the room service menu is a bit of a joke considering they have such a lovely restaurant on site. There were quite a few more faults but the worst part was that while we were staying there, they were having there water tanks cleaned (or something of that nature) and the tap water was brown, like dirt brown. I couldn't even give my 9 month old son a bath, or bath myself. Call me crazy but that is just one of those things you look for in a hotel room. I did complain on the day, and filled out one of there 'pillow talk' what did you think forms. Only to get a very late response e mail thanking me for my input and to let them know when I was back at the resort next. Sorry but never coming back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Michelle H

Thank you for the very contructive feedback... We are so sorry about the water issue... Our property is not on town water - we rely on tank water. And yes - these have to be routinely cleaned. How this water ended up in the pipes to your room - I am at a loss to understand as we normally discharge this dirty water into the vineyard. Please accept our sincere apologies.. Come back and stay on us. Please contact me directly to arraange this... Again, our apologies, it should not have happened...

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I found the staff extremely kind, friendly and helpful. The resort itself was absolutely lovely. We had the most relaxing time for a long time. We have been to lots of places here in Australia and abroad. However, we never felt more relaxed. I would most certainly recommend the Hunter Valley Resort to anyone who wants to head that way.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2012

During our trip in Sydney, we stay a night here and it is definely too short for us. This place is awesome. Friendly and helpful staffs and always give a clear and great advise on packages offered. We took onsite vineyard tour followed by wine and gain lots of knowledge about wine! It is sad to know that they can't harvest this year due to bad weather.

Tranquil and serene environment good for relaxing. A great place away from city life. Room was spacious and clean. Aside, I super love the soft and fluffy duvet.

Lastly, best dinner I had in Sydney. I miss food at San Martino already !!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for the great feedback! Hope to see you back in the Hunter vaery soon...

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Rooms are spacious enough and have the basic amenities, but are overpriced for what you get - a dated, no-frills experience. We stayed over Easter weekend for a night before a wedding nearby. My traveling companion staying in another room pre-ordered breakfast at check-in time for a few bucks cheaper, as did I. When we fronted up for breakfast the next morning, my room was on the list, hers was not. When my friend suggested to the young lady at the restaurant there must be some mistake, she was advised that if she didn't hadn't booked breakfast the day before she would have to pay full price now. A nasty argument ensued, and the staff were very rude to my friend who ended up going without breakfast. Good for her in the end as the breakfast was very poor - undercooked bacon, overcooked egg, self-serve coffee from a mixer machine. Set us all off on the wrong foot for the wedding day. Would not recommended this place. Bad vibe.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Stevenins

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is really annoying when the system does not work, and it spoils all the other good things we do. We have steamlined our breakfast procedures so that errors of who has breakfast included, and those on a room only package is clearer. Again, thank you for highlighting this...