I recently attended a wedding at the Hunter Valley Resort and stayed two nights in one of the more expensive "suites". Unfortunately I was very disappointed with the venue for a number of reasons. Firstly, the rooms were dreadful. We entered our room to find essentially what is a motel room with daggy old decor and a bathroom in need of rennovation. The smell of industrial cleaning solution also didn't aid first impressions. (Woof!) The photos on the website have most definitely been professionally taken - we were excited when we first booked, and again, disappointed with the stark reality. Especially for the considerably expensive price! (I travel A LOT for my occupation...for what we received for our money, it was not on)
Secondly, as a wedding venue I was again very disappointed. The table service was non-existent, the food awful (over-cooked, my partner's meal had plastic in it...), the bar-staff were just rude and disorganised - all and all a very amateurish operation.
In summary, the word "Resort" should not be allowed to used in this motel's title....unless referring to it as accommodation of last resort...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you are looking for in the Hunter - all at the one resort...* Onsite daily vineyard tours at 9am* Hunter Wine Theatre daily at 11am and 2pm* Adventure Centre has horse & carriage tour, Horse riding, Segway tours and Electric bike hire * Matilda Bay Brewhouse (12 craft beers) * Winetasting Cellars with 34 wines * Hunter Valley Wine School * Fantastic food from our Restaurant * Board games, pool table, 3km walking track * Heavenly Hunter Massage Centre * Pool, tennis, heated spa * Wonderful rooms featuring timber cathedral ceilings * Situated within our own 40 year old vineyards * Owned and operated by the Hele family * And within minutes of the resort... 3 championship golf courses including Cypress Lakes and The Vintage, The Hunter Valley Gardens, cafes, restaurants, hot air ballooning, cheese factories, a chocolate factory, antique stores, a whole shopping village, 3 pampering / massage businesses and over 140 wineries to visit! Or if you prefer, just sit back, relax and finish that book you have been promising to do... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hunter Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Resort Pokolbin
- Hunter Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Valley Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia