Stayed for two nights after being given a Groupon voucher as a gift, enjoyed our stay and had no major issues with this resort at all.
As a few reviewers have pointed out the site is a little dated, if you are looking for a modern new facility then this is not the place for you, for us the rooms were big, clean and had everything we needed so had no problems at with the dated décor and older furnishings.
Hunter Rooms have tea/coffee facilities, reverse cycle air con, TV with DVD, mini fridge, hair dryer, one double bed and one single, table with three chairs, pretty much everything you need. Bathroom and room were both clean, and a good size. All staff we met were friendly and helpful. We did not eat at the resort, however did enjoy a drink in the sun at the Bluetongue café, the resort is in a great location to visit wineries, we took our own bikes to cycle around however Hunter resort did have bikes there to hire if needed. Overall while it does not have that wow factor that would make you rave about it and recommend it to everyone it is a good place to stay to explore the region, no major drawbacks and no problems and I certainly wouldn’t have any reservations about staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you are looking for in the Hunter - all at the one resort...* Onsite daily vineyard tours at 9am* Hunter Wine Theatre daily at 11am and 2pm* Adventure Centre has horse & carriage tour, Horse riding, Segway tours and Electric bike hire * Matilda Bay Brewhouse (12 craft beers) * Winetasting Cellars with 34 wines * Hunter Valley Wine School * Fantastic food from our Restaurant * Board games, pool table, 3km walking track * Heavenly Hunter Massage Centre * Pool, tennis, heated spa * Wonderful rooms featuring timber cathedral ceilings * Situated within our own 40 year old vineyards * Owned and operated by the Hele family * And within minutes of the resort... 3 championship golf courses including Cypress Lakes and The Vintage, The Hunter Valley Gardens, cafes, restaurants, hot air ballooning, cheese factories, a chocolate factory, antique stores, a whole shopping village, 3 pampering / massage businesses and over 140 wineries to visit! Or if you prefer, just sit back, relax and finish that book you have been promising to do... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hunter Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Resort Pokolbin
- Hunter Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Valley Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia