My wife booked us what started as a lovely package deal weekend away which included two nights in a four star resort, free cheese tasting, breakfast etc. We arrived later in the afternoon and on approach were shocked that the place appeared quite old and dated, the room was no different and had a overpowering smell of eucalyptus oil which made us feel ill after spending 15 minutes in the room. We decided to take up the free cheese tasting offer which was across the road, we were told by the lady serving that there was no special offer the sampling was free to all and sundry. We were extremely disappointed and booked alternate accommodation to ensure we enjoyed our time away in comfort but thought we would go back for the breakfast, what a mistake, the cutlery and crockery was not clean, the food was limited and disgusting, we left to go to an alternate restaurant for breakfast, before leaving we advised the reception of our disappointment and returned the key advising that we had not spent the first night and would not be spending the 2nd sighting false advertising and extreme disappointment. We will be seeking compensation from our booking agent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you are looking for in the Hunter - all at the one resort...* Onsite daily vineyard tours at 9am* Hunter Wine Theatre daily at 11am and 2pm* Horse & carriage tour* Horse riding* Bluetongue Brewery Cafe * Hunter Valley Wine School * Fantastic food from our San Martino Restaurant * Board games, pool table, 3km walking/jogging track * Heavenly Hunter Massage Centre * Pool, tennis, heated spa, mountain bikes * Wonderful rooms featuring timber cathedral ceilings * Situated within our own 40 year old vineyards * Owned and operated by the Hele family * And within minutes of the resort... 3 championship golf courses including Cypress Lakes and The Vintage, The Hunter Valley Gardens, cafes, restaurants, hot air ballooning, cheese factories, a chocolate factory, antique stores, a whole shopping village, 3 pampering / massage businesses and over 140 wineries to visit! Or if you prefer, just sit back, relax and finish that book you have been promising to do... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hunter Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Resort Pokolbin
- Hunter Hotel Pokolbin
- Hunter Valley Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia