“Better than I thought it might be”
Review of Harvest

Harvest
Ranked #34 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Harvest Restaurant is perfectly situated in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country, set at the top of the Hope Estate winery. Harvest features an incredible deck overlooking the amphitheatre and surrounding vineyard, showcasing a 270 degree view over wine country. The delicious food is complemented by the cutting edge design features, an open kitchen and stylist finishes. Harvest’s intimate setting spills out to the wrap-around deck, perfect for al fresco dining.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We decided on an impromptu lunch and drove from Sydney on a Monday. The restaurant had only 4 couple and the room was not heated so we chose a table away from the open door and next to the window. That aside the menu was interesting and we chose to go a-la-carte rather than the 5 course offering with a choice of matching wines. Our meals were really good, great taste and mouth feel with excellent presentation. We had wines by the glass and it was the local brand which were fine all the food and wine prices are typical Sydney or tourist prices so take your credit card. Service was good the staff pleasant and we left satisfied.

1  Thank JemoMJ

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We enjoyed simply delicious food in this beautiful location. I loved my lamb with nigella crust and the steak was also superb, said my husband. But the star of the meal - had to be "The Cracker" - this wine is a wonder, wonderfully layered and complex. We had to buy six bottles to take back with us to a family occasion in Sydney - and all agreed - this wine is a winner.

Our New Zealand born waitress Kerrie also deserves a mention (not just because she is related to ex Allblack Christian Cullen) - she was attentive, charming and helpful.

All in all, a great experience.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

A wonderful fine dining experience. The food was packed full of wonderful flavours and outstanding presentation. Exactly the type of meal I expect when spoiling my partner and I to a long weekend in the Hunter.
The service was terrific. Kerri was a standout. She made it feel like our own private tasting.
We will definitely be going back the next time we are in the Hunter.

2  Thank Docdilbert
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Wow.

Food was bursting with flavour, all combined works of art. Can't figure out how they do it, how they put it together - but they do.

Had pretty much the same as last time as I'm not a great meat eater, but it was as if the food just melted in your mouth.

The meal was so filling, there was some leftovers. However as we sat there, I kept picking at it. Even when still picking at tiny pieces (I didn't want to be overfull), it was as if the flavours still were there - vibrant.

The waitress was attentive, helpful, knowledgeable and sensitive.

Thanks Harvest, and for opening my boyfriend's mind to the world of different flavoured beer (he's a local and has stuck with VB most of his life - but we are working on exploring what is out there - to be savoured and enjoyed).

3  Thank Sabrina H
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Firstly the service from Kerri wonderful. Our group of three enjoyed every part of the meal , from the entrée to the main, to the dessert , I would highly recommend a meal here, beautiful.

2  Thank TracyW50