“Quite possibly best meal ever!”
Review of Harvest

Harvest
Ranked #34 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Harvest Restaurant is perfectly situated in the heart of Hunter Valley Wine Country, set at the top of the Hope Estate winery. Harvest features an incredible deck overlooking the amphitheatre and surrounding vineyard, showcasing a 270 degree view over wine country. The delicious food is complemented by the cutting edge design features, an open kitchen and stylist finishes. Harvest’s intimate setting spills out to the wrap-around deck, perfect for al fresco dining.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Fabulous lunch. The menu was very creative and unique - fine dining. My husband and I each had a different entre and main, and we both loved our meals. My husband had smoked trout tartare and lamb, I had pork belly and toothfish, niether of us offered to share - too good:) we enjoyed with a semilon, finished with a cheese platter and bottle of the Ripper.

Leasea, pls excuse spelling, was a delightful attendant knowingmthe menu and eager to look after us.

Whilst the restaurant has a wonderful aspect, I found it a little sterile; more of a cafe lacking ambience not enticing the dinner to linger over a long lunch or dinner, but this could easily be rectified by having the tower heaters turned on and the addition of some more relaxed furnishings. I will return.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had Seared Scallops and Ballantine of Quail for entrees and they were excellent as was the tooth fish and the fillet steak with beef cheek ragout. My meal was accompanied by the estate's India Red Ale which proved to be a nice robust brew. Our server was very attentive and friendly without being intrusive, very professional.The only negative would be that it was a cool day and the restaurant was not heated in any way.What would be a good venue a warm Spring or Summer's day did not work out so well today. Otherwise I would highly recommend Harvest.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We enjoyed our lunch here on a warm winters day, on the deck overlooking the Hope Estate vineyards. I had a succulent sirloin steak cooked to perfection and my wife enjoyed the duck confit and breast. We drank this with a bottle of Hope Estate Merlot which complemented it perfectly.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We decided on an impromptu lunch and drove from Sydney on a Monday. The restaurant had only 4 couple and the room was not heated so we chose a table away from the open door and next to the window. That aside the menu was interesting and we chose to go a-la-carte rather than the 5 course offering with a choice of matching wines. Our meals were really good, great taste and mouth feel with excellent presentation. We had wines by the glass and it was the local brand which were fine all the food and wine prices are typical Sydney or tourist prices so take your credit card. Service was good the staff pleasant and we left satisfied.

1  Thank JemoMJ
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We enjoyed simply delicious food in this beautiful location. I loved my lamb with nigella crust and the steak was also superb, said my husband. But the star of the meal - had to be "The Cracker" - this wine is a wonder, wonderfully layered and complex. We had to buy six bottles to take back with us to a family occasion in Sydney - and all agreed - this wine is a winner.

Our New Zealand born waitress Kerrie also deserves a mention (not just because she is related to ex Allblack Christian Cullen) - she was attentive, charming and helpful.

All in all, a great experience.