“Excellent!”

Hungerford Hill Wines
Ranked #20 of 112 things to do in Pokolbin
More attraction details
Owner description: Hungerford Hill is a boutique estate in the heart of the Hunter Valley making distinguished wines that are regional and authentic. Offering a variety of wines made on site to taste and our renowned Epic wine and food tasting. Regular live music and cultural events.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My boyfriend and I recently visited Hungerford Hill Winery and we had an excellent time. We loved the 'Epic Tasting Experience'! We were served by the wonderful Bec who was extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. I would definitely recommend Hungerford Hill when you next visit Hunter Valley.

There are newer reviews for Hungerford Hill Wines

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My Wife and I called into Hungerford Hill on a spur of the moment decision, We left having purchased a few very reasonably priced bottles knowing it will not be our last visit.

We found the friendly & very informative staff created the perfect atmosphere for a great relaxed afternoon of wine tasting.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was the first time we have visited the Hunter Valley and Hungerford Hill was the first stop and the most memorable.

Rebecca who conducted our tasting was highly knowledgable and we learnt a lot from her. This was the best tasting we had and can't be compared to other wineries. We believe it also had the best wine, it was so great we went back for more on the Sunday, where Rebecca greeted us and once again provided a top service that will never be forgotten.

We will be returning back to the Hunter in September and defiantly will be stopping in at Hungerford Hill. I would have no hesitation in recommending Hungerford Hill Wines, the experience and service that we had was fantastic and can't be faulted and of course the wine was great!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

When you visit most wineries, there is always usually a cellar door with knowledgable staff who are passionate about their wines and their craft, and are happy to let you sample their wares with the understanding you are most probably going to leave with at least one bottle. For wine lovers, we all love the cellar door.

Hungerford Hill Wines has what seems to be a unique-to-the-Hunter-Valley foodie experience, in addition to the normal cellar door option. For the paltry sum of $38 (less if you are a HH wine club member), you get to sample 4 of their Collection wines plus matching foods, with a personalised commentary on how the wines match the food, andy why. We had Amanda today, and for someone who only works there on the weekend, she knew so much about the wines, the food, award-winning Muse restaurant, everything! She is an asset to the company, and in from a customer experience perspective, I loved the fact that she was almost as passionate about food as I am!

My mother came down from QLD's Sunshine Coast to visit, and the 90 minutes we spent at Hungerford Hills absolutely made her weekend. A 10 out of 10 experience for me!

I have a simple recommendation for anyone. Do this. $38 for an almost 2 Chefs Hatted mini degustation with matching wines will be one of the best things you can do in the Hunter Valley

1  Thank davegauntlett
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My fiancé and I made this our first stop on our day in the hunter and found it quite lovely , Amanda ,the young lady who's served us ,was extremely knowledgable and made our experience all the better. All round one of the best tastings I've had