“Unfriendly”

Drayton Family Wines
Ranked #50 of 112 things to do in Pokolbin
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We did not enjoy our visit here. Arrived for the 11am tour advertised on their website.....but we were told they don't do them anymore. Served by a disinterested staff member who had a really dirty shirt. Wines were only ok. But we didn't stay to try them all.

All reviews
"wineries"
in 11 reviews
"fruity"

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I met Mathew by chance when dining at the Royal Oak in Cessnock, he was very helpful & told me that if I came to the winery the next morning at 8am he would have what I wanted ready & waiting. Well, to my surprise he did!!! The glass, samples & a bottle for purchase was all ready (I ended up buying 6 bottles!!!). He then arranged for me to chat to Mathew Drayton as we are looking for land to purchase - it was a lovely start to the day. Both gentlemen are warm, friendly & very honest - which I appreciated a lot. Thank you. I will definitely return in the near future!

1  Thank Fusspot-Traveller
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We came to draytons on a recommendation from a local.Let me say their breakfast was very yummy and great value.Our waitress was very nice and even gave us the reciepe for the dish we chose, a lovley end to our time in the hunter

1  Thank wofftam
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Step over the portal, wine to tempt every taste and pocket

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Went there this weekend with Family, ordered burgers and steak sandwiches....waited 45 minutes for 1 steak sandwich, People that came after us were being served. They lost our order of the burgers. The steak sandwich was very poor quality meat - it was dry and burnt. The chef was obviously flustered and then rather take responsibility she snapped and told me to "give her a minute" when asking about the burgers that we had waited for almost an hour for they then started to blame their waitress for the stuff up. There was NO Order to this place, it is being run by Complete monkies. When we asked for a refund - the chef their who spent more time talking to customers rather then cooking took great offense and told us that we had only waited 15 minutes, she did not apologise and told us that we should be more patient. 3 other customers were also asking for refunds. DO NOT GO TO THIS CAFE - better to go to a homeless shelter and be served by lovely people. I am sure the food is much better quality at a homeless shelter.

6  Thank Sarah B