“Vino in the Sun”

Drayton Family Wines
Ranked #42 of 111 things to do in Pokolbin
“Vino in the Sun”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Anyone planning on visiting the Hunter Valley. Make sure you stop off into Draytons Estate. A great place to take family or friends. Go between the months of October through until May. Soak up the sun and enjoy some great wines. The Oaky Creek Riesling is very refreshing.

Visited March 2012

8 attraction reviews
“a classic”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

one of a few demishing family wineries making traditional great hunter wines. hope they survive the glut of cheapies

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Not tasty at all, but the cafe is pretty good.”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Seemed like cheap wine, although the guy who was serving us was funny and engaging. He had a great personality, but he wine was swill-

Visited June 2012
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Unfriendly”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We did not enjoy our visit here. Arrived for the 11am tour advertised on their website.....but we were told they don't do them anymore. Served by a disinterested staff member who had a really dirty shirt. Wines were only ok. But we didn't stay to try them all.

Visited June 2012
Dural, Australia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Exemplary - thanks Mathew :-)”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I met Mathew by chance when dining at the Royal Oak in Cessnock, he was very helpful & told me that if I came to the winery the next morning at 8am he would have what I wanted ready & waiting. Well, to my surprise he did!!! The glass, samples & a bottle for purchase was all ready (I ended up buying 6 bottles!!!). He then arranged for me to chat to Mathew Drayton as we are looking for land to purchase - it was a lovely start to the day. Both gentlemen are warm, friendly & very honest - which I appreciated a lot. Thank you. I will definitely return in the near future!

Visited April 2012