“One the English people will know well.”
Review of Lindemans Hunter River Winery - CLOSED

Lindemans Hunter River Winery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 9 February 2014

On a long day we did many wine tastings, and the experience is much the same in each one. Experienced staff willing to help and plenty of time to talk you through the flavours of each wine to find the best for you. The region is a great place to visit for a day.

1  Thank CRS61

Reviewed 6 February 2014

It is always surprising in a restaurant toilet to find no soap, particularly when one observes the staff using the same facility. Our lunch waiter was garrulous, but quite lethargic. Not a great combination from a server. The fellow serving our wine tasting (at the cellar door) had memorised his spiel and was not to be diverted from that monologue, until some friends of his walked in and he just abandoned us mid tasting. So, service and hygiene, zero. However, the location is lovely. If you are after food and service, try somewhere else, but if you want somewhere with a lawn that children can play on, this is your spot.

1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Good service and the winetasting was amazing, good wines. The food in the restaurant are amazing! Don´t miss it!

2  Thank Helena A
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Being a lindemans fan I wanted to ensure we went to the cellar door and visit the cafe 1835 as it has good ratings.

Be warned - the signage, website, local marketing books, everything O could get my hands on state the cafe opens at 10 am. So arriving at 10.30 for brunch should be fine - no. After looking around with another couple who had arrived for brunch too, we were rudely told it never opens before noon. When signage was mentioned the woman in the cellar doors response "not my department so not my problem" and left the cellar door space.

No sorry about that how about try a wine, offer the discount you get if you eat in the restaurant - ANYTHING! I was completely shocked.

When we left to the car park the other couple had said they had tried the previous day and found it closed but because of the signage had assumed it was a one off. They come to the Hunter Valley every couple of months and like me drink Lindemans wines. Not sure I will anymore considering the competition and I know the other couple won't.

3  Thank Michelle E
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Staff were friendly and helpful... Ask them about wines from other lindemans owned wineries, you might be lucky enough to get a taste of the barossa without having to travel there.