“Very disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

It's called italian but there is not much italian about it. Poached eggs for breakfast were both hard not soft . My friend had an omelette which was like rubber, overcooked. Food is bland. Would not recommend for breakfast.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We went for breakfast. Waited at the sign to be seated (as the sign says). The waitress walked past and ignored us. After waiting for a few minutes she came out stood in front of us with her hands in her pockets and a bored, almost haughty look on her face and we said we wanted breakfast. She said to sit anywhere so we chose a table on the verandah as it was such a lovely morning. She took our drink orders and these took a little while considering it wasn't that busy. Milkshake and mineral water. When she bought them my straw fell out of the glass and a replacement wasn't offered. A small thing I know but all part of the experience. Ordered bacon, tomatoes, toast and eggs. Partner had croissants filled with ham, cheese and tomato. His was fine. My eggs, toast and tomatoes were fine but the cafe bacon was stringy and fatty and half was overcooked and the other half was underdone. Maybe it was baked? Anyway, to end on a tactful note - some people are suited to customer service, perhaps others are not. We won't be rushing back.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stopped off here on our way to our hotel, having been delayed by rain, heavy traffic & an accident on the road from Sydney. Service was quick but we weer a bit disappointed in our food, not a good start that the plates for the steak & lamb were stone cold! My lamb rump was fine & supposedly came with risotto....a tower of dry rice with a few peas in it is NOT risotto. I queried this with the waitress who assured me it was! His fillet steak was very fatty & therefore not all easy to eat. Good value for what we wanted & great to see local wines by the glass at extremely reasonable prices

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Lovely sitting outside on a warm night. Ordered the mushroom bruschetta and got tomato. Ordered the beef fillet on truffle mash.....it was the biggest, thinnest fillet I've ever seen. It had to be a porterhouse steak, but was assured it was a fillet. There was no truffle, not even a hint, it was plain old mash. My husband's lamb was tough and a little overcooked.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I met a friend here for a bite before work and decided to go for the vegetarian burger (I love meat -don't get me wrong) Anyway the presentation was not what I expected- I expected all veg mushed into a burger instead got deliciously stacked char-grilled veg and halloumi cheese in a delicious bun.
I also ordered a Caesar salad for dinner and it was the best one I have ever had- I have tried and re-tried this style of salad around the world trying to like it (I like everything that is in the salad) but for some reason each time I have tried it there has been an ingredient that has been over-powering or in short supply etc- this salad ROCKED! Definitely a fabulous spot for lunch with easy, relaxed service