“Lousy Service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Took almost half hour to serve 1 Cappuccino and l Tea, Milk for tea not provided. Plus our scone | cream order did not arrive at all. We finally chased it up to be told they had run out ..., No apology , no refund for inconvenience

There are newer reviews for Vittorio's Restaurant

Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a disappointment...a simple order, Decaf-cappuccino and a shared serve of scones jam and cream. The coffee was, to put it mildly... awful, and undrinkable.It was returned ,some thing I have only done once before,and money was refunded, The scones..what can I say I am not sure what they were, scones...no...bread rolls no ...dry yes, never again . And upon returning the coffee to the counter I asked how they made their decafs..I was shown a blue pouch and told this was the measure for each decaf..all the cafes I frequent have fresh grounds and believe me the only thing missing is the caffeine...not the flavour.I should have listened to a friend we were travelling with and gone else where..even the little cafe/store near Vittorios had an acceptable take away decaf cap.I know because I bought one.So no return visit from this unhappy customer.

Coral M, Manager at Vittorio's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Hi Guest,
Thank you for your response as we do appreciate your comments and take it on board to further our service to the consumer. I am not sure as to the Decaf coffee as we have been using the same decaf for many years and this has been the first bad report that we have ever had in fact we have had people come back for of coffee. As to the scones I'm not sure where you were going with this one maybe they were a bit over heated but if they were not right why not address this with the wait-staff at the time. Then this could of been rectified and everyone happy. But I will address this with the staff as we do not want any of our customers to leave our café unhappy.

Regards, Management

Reviewed 23 May 2014

After recently staying at Pokolbin Village for the Lovedale Long Lunch, we decided to have breakfast at Vittorio's as it was convenient. There were only 3 of us so we thought finding a table would be easy, however a large group had recently booked, so although the restaurant looked fairly empty we were left sitting a table set for 2. This was fine, we were given the appropriate cutlery and water glasses, and our drinks order was taken. We were then waiting a while before someone came to take our breakfast order. The order wasn't written down at the table, which is fine as long as a server remembers everything that was ordered...this wasn't the case. A friend ordered beans on toast and a side of mushrooms but the mushrooms never arrived. By the time our breakfast arrived though we were over waiting so didn't bother telling our waitress. We ordered before the large group that booked, yet they got their food before we did. Our breakfast took about 40 minutes to arrive, and when it did some parts of it were cold. I had ordered scrambled eggs as part of my breakfast and what I got was some kind of omelette scrapings piled on my toast.

We needed another place for breakfast on Sunday, and as the LLL was still taking place and we didn't know the area very well we thought we'd give Vittorio's another chance (maybe they had been overwhelmed on the Saturday?!)
What. A. Mistake.

Not only was the food a disappointment again, but our drinks took about 45 minutes to come. 2 coffees and a tea arrived AFTER we had FINISHED our breakfast.

The staff were so rude. When our breakfast arrived we asked for some water, as our other drinks hadn't arrived. I noticed the drink glasses on our tables had been used so when the waitress came back with the water jug, I let her know so she could get us some clean glasses. Instead she inspected the ones on our table and only replaced one.
There was no attempt made to keep us posted on where the drinks are, or even any apologies when they arrived.

Seriously, don't even bother going here.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Called in yesterday for a lazy lunch after a drive up the Hunter. Great food, inexpensive, great service. Same applied to the drinks. Would highly recommend for a lunch. Cannot comment yet, on dinner. A good experience though.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The food is fairly average, nothing too special. The service unfortunately also follows the same trend. Convenient if you are staying at the Pokolbin village, but I wouldn't make a special trip.