“The Long Lunch”

Ranked #27 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Twine Restaurant is now open for a hearty Breakfast and sumptuous Lunch with new local owners with over 25 years experience you'll be sure to receive exceptional food and service from our amazing team. Twine is the Ultimate Function and Wedding Venue. We can cater for small intimate groups from 10 - 20 in our Private Wine Room, 25 - 110 in our lovely restaurant area or up to 150 guests in the Wynwood Estate Barrel Room. With beautiful views overlooking the picturesque Hunter Valley Wine region, we can cater for your ceremony onsite or special outdoor function events. Contact us today and let our team design and create your special event. To view photos of Twine, you can visit our Facebook page.
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Had lunch at the Twines on Monday this week. All reports were the food was great and I can assure you that this was the case. We were a party of 4 and each had a different dish. All commented that the food and presentation way great. Dessert was to die for I had the Passionfruit tart. Ambience was beautiful but the service was poor. We booked in at 1pm and didn't get main course until 2.45pm Lucky we weren't in a hurry. The waitress kept apologising for delay. Well worth a visit especially if you are in for a long lunch
David Narellan NSW

1  Thank David B

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Hit Twine on a friday night last week and we were only one of about 5 tables that night but the service was very good and the chef on the mark.
We had seafood entrees and the scallops were 5 star all the way.
The 6 way oysters were nice but quite small oysters which lost thier way to a degree with the significant additives that they were served with.
The mains were pork in a proscuitto wrap which was tasty but a little dry in the centre while I had the crab and although it was very tasty, it could have been broken up a little more as I found myself having to use the tool they give you juist to break it into small enough pieces just to fit on my plate before digging into it. The chilli and (I think) black bean marinate.sauce was exceptional but it was hard eating it and it took me over an hour to finish. I'd order it again I think but I also think they should give you a bib to use to eat such a dish as it is so messy. No dessert on this occasion but they had a wine list from heaven but they need more by the glass but if 10 people was the norm for a friday night, no wonder they only have a few bottles by the glass. Still overall I think it was a 9 out of a possible 10. Look forward to going there again with my own bib or perhaps ordering something else.

1  Thank WorldTravellerOz
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We flew in by helicopter and were welcomed upon arrival with a glass of champagne, we felt like celebrities. After being seated in the restaurant we were treated to an excellent 3 course meal and wine overlooking the vineyards. The quality of the meal and service were first class, couldn't fault it in any way. After we took a walk around the vineyard and cellars it was a short trip back to complete a perfect day.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We had a perfect lunch, every dish was delicious and sitting outside looking over the vineyards made for a very relaxing unforgettable experience.
We do not normally have dessert but their dessert tasting plate was just the right size and combination to finish an excellent meal.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had our wedding here in August 2013, with the ceremony in the garden overlooking the vines and valley and the reception in the wine room (which was perfect for our small wedding of 21).
The ceremony was set up on time for us, communication was excellent and professional.
We dealt directly with Adam the chef and co-owner.
The food was excellent, much better than your average wedding meal.

We can high recommend for any wedding large or small.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank shaca2013