“What a view” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Twine Restaurant

Twine Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 73 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Twine is the Ultimate Function and Wedding Venue. We can cater for small intimate groups from 10 - 20 in our Private Wine Room, 25 - 110 in our lovely restaurant area or up to 150 guests in the Wynwood Estate Barrel Room. With beautiful views overlooking the Happy Valley Wine region, we can cater for your ceremony onsite or special outdoor function events. Twine can also cater for all your offsite catering needs. Contact us today and let our team design and create your special event. To view photos of Twine, you can visit our Facebook page. Please NOTE, that Twine is no longer an a-la-carte restaurant and will be operating as a function and wedding venue only.
sydney
“What a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Took my partner there for a surprise lunch as part of a helicopter tour organised with Slattery helicopters to propose. Upon arrival we were greated with Sparkling wine and taken to our private table under the gazebo looking out onto the winery which provided a perfect private space with outstanding view.

the meal was a good variety of items and came with a good size cheese platter as the dessert compnent. I had a coffee which was Piazza d'oro and was perfect taste and temperature.

if you plan on proposing i would highly recommend this as a location and also Slattery helicopters.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank tris F

Brisbane, Australia
“A lunch to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We chose this location for a romantic and cosy lunch; having ordered the chef's Mezze platter to share and then delicious Gnocchi as a main, we were in food heaven. The dessert was a chocolate lava cake and vanilla bean ice cream which was also shared - very impressive and yummy. Truly wonderful food in a simply stunning location. The service was outstanding, the staff were very friendly and attentive. Thank you

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Margi_Rose_2014
Lake Macquarie, Australia
“A mixed bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Lunched here today with my wife. We had no reservation as we had decided to eat at another restaurant, which we discovered was temporarily closed. We were offered our choice of tables at Twine and selected a two seater near the entrance door. Our lady wait-person was efficient but somewhat cool. Not a smile in sight. By contrast, another lady wait-person called me "darling" twice. Neither were really appropriate but at least one was friendly. Other reviewers have commented on the lack of ambiance. The solid floor and lack of wall hangings don't allow for sound absorption, so with about half the seats occupied, there was a good bit of noise. The table bases are a set of concentric metal circles. Not comfortable for feet placement. We chose to share the (6) Oyster Plate. All very nice with good presentation. My wife selected the salmon for her main course and I had the duck. The salmon was a good size, with one large prawn and one large scallop, plus some kipfler potatoes. It was enough for her and she was happy with the quality. My duck was very tasty, not overcooked and came with some powerful flavours although I felt the chef had been a little heavy with the salt. It was, however, a little on the small side for me and I could have eaten about 50% more. We each had a glass of wine, and I had a beer and espresso coffee to finish. the bill was just under $125.00 which is average for this type of restaurant in the winery area. A first time visit to any restaurant sets the scene for my wife and I to return, or not. That's why service, whilst technically OK must be professional. By that I mean we would have liked a smile, even if not heartfelt. We know the price we pay should not be just for the skill of the chef. Would we return? Good question. There are many good quality restaurants in the area we have yet to visit, so a return to Twine, even for the food alone, is not in the near future.

• Visited August 2014
Geelong
“Fireside dining - What a crock! Don't eat here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

When we heard about Sunday night fireside dining at Twine restaurant in the Hunter Valley, it conjured images of a roaring fire with hot, hearty food served with a nice glass of local red.

The reality was so far from that we're still stunned.

Not only was there no fire, I mean anywhere in the room, the food could best be described as 'try hard' gourmet. And it was a pretty piss poor try at that.

Firstly, the entree was served to our table lukewarm at best. Lukewarm duck consommé, lukewarm beef stew, and a couple of lukewarm kangaroo and anchovie creations for entree. Not a good start. The duck consommé at least had good flavor but it was nearly cold.

Next was main. Pork belly, king prawns, turkey, and crispy potatoes. Again, all lukewarm at best. Fed up with the cold food, I approached the waitress and ask for it to be reheated. And did I get some attitude!! No apology, just a grunt and food picked up and taken to the kitchen. As I predicted, our part eaten food was simply heated up (presumably in the microwave) and dropped back to our table. As I also predicted, this further dried out the already dry slab of turkey, made the crackling on the pork belly as chewy as all hell, and I think we got back about half of the potatoes we sent in. The turkey could best be described as bizarre. It was like a turkey steak, I've never seen it served like that before and hope never to see it like that again.

Last was dessert. I think the kitchen actually was taking the piss out of us here. It was supposed to be apple and pecan pie. Once again, it was near bloody cold. What self respecting cook serves near cold apple and pecan pie on a freezing cold Hunter Valley night? And it was just pie with a tiny drizzle of anglaise - no cream, no ice cream. We concluded the kitchen was just trying to piss us off so we got up, still in shock, paid the bill, and left never to return. We figured if we ordered coffee we would get iced coffee! I suggest you don't eat here.

• Visited July 2014
7 Thank Jennifer_Kate
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

On a surprisingly warm winter day we booked a table for lunch outside. The view of the vineyard and surrounding countryside is beautiful. We had two starters and a side dish, the prosciutto-wrapped spatchcock ($20) and a chef's mezze plate ($18) with small portions of trout boudin, duck spring rolls, and cream of mushroom soup, and broccolini ($8). All dishes were perfectly prepared and delicious. We also had some very good Tamburlain Grenache Shiraz Merlot ($12/glass). Definitely worth a stop.

• Visited June 2014