“Invigorating way to explore the valley”

Grapemobile Bicycle Hire & Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Grapemobile is the Hunter Valley's most popular and longest established bicycle hire facility. Situated on our own vineyard, sample our Grapemobile wines whilst we guide you with friendly local knowledge on the most favoured private bicycle trails, wine tour tasting & food options of the Hunter Valley Vineyard Wine Region. Visit our centrally located vineyard & hire shop in Pokolbin, or utilise our unique bus pick-up & return service from your local acommodation or meeting place. Grapemobile bicycle hire includes mountain bikes and tandems, helmets, sunscreen, bottled water, Grapemobile wine tasting and vineyard visit, maps and guided tour options.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My partner and I were really happy with the level of service we received from these guys. I called on Thursday night at 5pm to enquire about the shuttle bus service before I booked online. Knowing that I did leaved it till last minute I was hoping for the best. Unfortunately, I was informed by one of the men at the shop that the van was supposed to be going to sydney since there were no booking. I completely understood and let him know, however he wanted to see what he could do so he told me he'd call back. An hour later he was able to confirm shuttle pickup for Friday (yay!)

So to the Eco trail. We stuck to the easy trail and found it was great. The wineries along the was were nice and the staff were lovely, and the scenery was picturesque. We also got the pleasure of running into some local wildlife. The bikes are in great condition and easy to ride.

Considering hunter valley isn't really a place fore exercise, I thought this was a great was to get the blood flowing before some serious indulgence. If you have two days in the hunter I highly recommend this, or even as an alternative to a guided winery tour.

1  Thank Ruth A
There are newer reviews for Grapemobile Bicycle Hire & Tours

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is quite simply the best way to explore the smaller local wineries. We had a fantastic day riding from one cellar door to the next, and thanks to the picturesque bike trails through the vines, there was no need to ride on busy roads. The business owner Glen was a total blast, and his local knowledge really helped us get the most out of our visit. Will be recommending this to all of our friends. Thanks grapemobile!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is the BEST way to see the Hunter Valley! I went with my three girl friends and it was a perfect activity for us to do together. It's an easy ride around plenty of great vineyards with beautiful wine and views. The scenery is fantastic and the ride is just so enjoyable.
Furthermore, Glen the owner was just incredible. We were all over the moon with his generosity and hospitality. Glenn picked us up from our accommodation, brought us to his vineyard where we were surprised with a few tasting treats before jetting off on the bikes. We returned and were taken back to our accommodation then Glen came back later to take us to dinner and picked us up when we finished! AMAZING! What a great person and a great service to have in the Hunter Valley. Will definitely do this again and recommend it to everyone! Thanks for a day to remember! :)

1  Thank Jessbm
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and i decided to try a bicycle wine tour with grapemobile and i can safely say it was the best decision i could have made! Glen and Ron are two of the nicest out-going and down to earth blokes you could come across and make the whole experience that much better! The wine, scenery and cool bikes just add to an affordable and awesome day for anybody. Thanks guys!!! Will be recommending to everyone :)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was awesome and totally recommend it. The best way to get around to the vineyards. I will definitely do it again.