“Awful food”

Ranked #51 of 76 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In our recently renovated restaurant Cypress Lakes Bistro & Bar, you can enjoy relaxed all-day dining for guests and visitors with spectacular views overlooking the lake and golf course. Select a bottle of your favourite Hunter Valley wine from our extensive wine cellar whilst enjoying the alfresco dining.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Had dinner here the first night we stayed at Cyprus Lakes Resort we both had the Bream, Risotto & Salsa. The fish was overcooked and very dry, the risotto had no flavour and was also dry, the best bit of the meal was the salsa. The price was very expensive for the quality we were served.

2  Thank mandym65

Reviewed 14 February 2014

this restaurant that I kept notes on just says I enjoyed it "ok".so that's not good in my books.long service and food was dry. Im not sure if I would give them a second chance

1  Thank donnasgreatidea
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We recently dinned at the Bodega Restaurant at Cypress Lakes Resort, the entire experience was fantastic from start to finish. We were seated by one of the more senior waitstaff who had an excellent knowledge of both the menu and wines. We couldn't go past the wonderful description of the fish special and the meal did not disappoint. All wait staff were attentive and accommodating, we were even lucky enough to have the chef (Cameron?) come and speak to us after our main meals. I found the menu to have plenty of variety, especially for someone like me who doesn't eat much red meat. Our meals were absolutely excellent, I couldn't fault them and they were very reasonably priced. We look forward to out next meal at Bodega Restaurant.

2  Thank Katie N
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The food is expensive for what it is and vegetarian options are scarce, but the beetroot risotto was excellent. Panna cotta was divine, fig tart needed more marscapone and brulee is one of the best we've tried - even at top restaurants. Dale and Joel were our waiters and they were absolutely outstanding. We were nervous about coming, but we're glad we did.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was relieved to be able to make a very last minute table reservation (albeit for a late seating), on such short notice on New Years Eve.
Our waiter was very friendly and informative. Some of the menu was not available, which was disappointing, however, they had been very busy and our booking was not until 8.30pm.
The meals we had were surprisingly quite decent sizes, for a fine food establishment, but the quality was still present. The meals were presented really well, and the taste certainly did not disappoint.
I would definitely visit Bodega's restaurant again.