“Lovely Quiet Cosy Spot”

Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bistro Vinden opened in September 2010 for lunch at our Pokolbin, Hunter Valley vineyard on Saturdays and Sundays, giving diners the opportunity to enjoy an alfresco lunch on the terrace overlooking our Hunter Valley vineyard. We have a seasonally changing menu using fresh Hunter Valley produce, where possible, sourced from our organic garden on-site at our Pokolbin vineyard. The menu is an eclectic compilation of foods, with a distinct focus on high quality meals with depth of flavour. Bistro Vinden specialties include Vinden Seafood, Beef with Asian Mushrooms, Lamp Rack and Prawn and Chorizo. Food is matched with Hunter Valley wines from the extensive and highly awarded Vinden Estate Wines portfolio, available for tasting at the Pokolbin cellar door. Cheese plates, Pate and Gelato are available for purchase throughout the weekend with tastings. Degustation lunches available. Reservations Recommended. Open for Lunch Saturday & Sunday 12:00-3:00pm Dinner Parties available on Saturday nights.
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We had a relaxing Sunday lunch at Bistro Vinden which was very enjoyable. The restaurant is a real family affair with Mum our waitress her son the winemaker and sommelier and her daughter the chef.

The food was well made with a homely hearty style. I had lamb rack and my wife a spicy fillet of beef. The wine can be pre tasted and chosen at the adjacent cellar door and then is taken to the table. Tried the 14 Chardonnay and a 15 Shiraz.

To finish off the family feel their family dog wandered in to say hello and sit at our feet as we took in the view of the vineyard.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

My partner and I had a fantastic lunch here last weekend after a wine tasting inside. The food was lovely, I had the zucchini salad and my partner had the antipasto plate which was lovely. Would recommend to anyone.

1  Thank james10vino
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Arrived at 1.20pm beautiful location like a scene from a postcard unfortunately this was good as it got we ordered at 1.30pm our entrees arrived about an hour later our drinks never came we had to go to the wine tasting area to get our bottle of wine & table water my brother in law was told an hour after ordering a coffee it won't be coming because they don't have enough staff to make it. At 3pm the manager came to tell us that most of the mains we ordered were no longer available & we basically had to re order again was told it would only take half an hour we were served our meals after 4pm. The lamb rack I ordered was basically raw I had to send it back to be cooked again. The place was full of flies & for the first hour we were there there were 2 dogs running around the restaurant. For the prices they charge the food is very average & the service is appalling. I must note that the manager did apologise & gave us 2 free bottles of wine. I never write reviews but this was the worst experience ever in any establishment I have been to I thought I was in an episode from faulty towers. I'm writing this in the hope this restaurant will lift its standards for future patrons so no one else ever has to experience what we did.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Lovely romantic setting. We found this place thanks to Villa Provence. Nice friendly service and everyone was very accommodating with our requirements. Food was very impressive and exceeded our expectations in all regards.

Lovely spot with great food and service - it was a shame to leave!

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

A cellar door with a restaurant, really nice wines, the bistro has indoor/ outdoor dining, food is superb, hospitality of host Sandra is just delightful, so accomodating you feel like family, highly recommend this place for a visit, especially for a long lunch