Stayed the w/end of 16/17 May 2014 and I am going to start what should be a very good review with a HUGE NEGATIVE and that is the restaurant at the Leisure Inn. We were informed that their restaurant had re-launched and with a new menu a few days before we arrived so we thought we would give it a try on the night of our arrival. MASSIVE fail by this restaurant, my partner is vegetarian and there was NOT a single vegetarian dish on either the starters or the main menu, NOTHING, ZILCH, NADA and nothing that could be turned into a vegetarian dish, the 2 very nice front of house staff that were on duty all they could offer was MAYBE a salad, (not their fault and they were very nice and professional) Talk about a massive fail on the Leisure Inns part with this restaurant and total lack of anything that even remotely resembles a vegetarian dish.. The rest of the offerings on the small menu looked bland and uninspiring as well but we didn’t stay to try a dish as no point in only feeding one half of us so I cant comment on what their other dishes are like.
As far as the rest of our 2 night stay went the staff were all very nice, polite and helpful, the cabins/bungalows were clean, comfortable and quiet and well laid out with a very comfortable bed and well spaced between each one across well maintained grounds and the one we stayed in (39) was down by the lake with excellent views. One of the biggest plus’s this place has going for it is LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION, smack in the middle of Pokolbin surrounded by some of the best wineries, the cheese factory, great food and straight across the road from The Hunter Gardens and the Hunter Gardens Village. So much to do within easy walking distance of this place or a short drive.
Overall apart from the major fail by their restaurant this place is excellent value in the heart of the Hunter and I would recommend it.
PS lots of excellent places to eat within very easy walking distance or a 5 minute car trip from the Leisure Inn that offer vegetarian dishes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is a picturesque retreat set on 25 acres of tranquility in the heart of the Hunter Valley Wine Country. With many cellar doors and attractions such as Hunter Valley Gardens within easy strolling distance, Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is the unbeatable location to base yourself.Marvel at the truly stunning views over local vineyards and Brokenback Ridge – you might even enjoy a visit from the local native fauna and birdlife. This picturesque backdrop is the perfect setting for a relaxing and peaceful stay in the Hunter Valley. Self-contained Studio, One and Two Bedroom Villas. Take some time-out in our air-conditioned studio, one or two bedroom apartments sprawled across the landscaped gardens of the property. All apartments feature private patios looking out to the 25 acres of peaceful hotel grounds and vineyards. To enhance your stay at Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill, our Superior Rooms have been upgraded with new beds, LCD TVs, WiFi access, modern kitchen and bathroom fittings and soft furnishings. The perfect way to finish a great day of wine tasting and sightseeing is to sit back on your veranda and with a cheese platter and glass of wine or sink down and relax in your in-room spa tub. Take a stroll to the local restaurants or cook a romantic meal (full kitchen facilities available in one and two bedroom apartments). Guests are also welcome to relax by the hotel’s outdoor heated swimming pool, play a game of tennis, or have a BBQ in our undercover BBQ area surrounded by lush gardens. Guests can awake to a delicious breakfast or relax over a superbly prepared meal served at the onsite cafe & restaurant (under new management). Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill is the ideal location for a romantic break or a trip with friends and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill Hotel Pokolbin
- Pokolbin Hill Chateau
- Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill Greater Newcastle, Australia