“Great burgers, wide variety, nice staff.”

Tuk Tuk Hunter Valley
Ranked #25 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Price range: US$2 - US$14
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We were recently voted in the top 10 Burger Restaurants in Australia. Our aim is to provide quality food at an affordable price and we offer a menu that consists of over 40 items with nothing over $20.00 ! We are very proud of our commitment to our locals and visitors alike, we want you to visit The Hunter, eat drink and be merry, but still have some money in your wallets to get home. Life is about being happy, flavour is freedom, so get amongst it :-)
Port Stephens, Australia
“Great burgers, wide variety, nice staff.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We went to Tuk Tuk for the first time over the very busy Easter long weekend following recommendation from our daughter. I'm not really a burger person, I find them too big, hard to eat and generally overpriced, however Tuk Tuk was the exception to the rule. The burger I had (pulled beef) was just the right size, lovely and fresh and delicious. My husband was raving about his burger for a month afterwards, so he obviously enjoyed his as well. There was a little bit of a wait for service, but you are made aware of the approximate length of that wait when you place your order, and it didn't bother us in the least. It's when I have to wait for a meal for ages and it comes to the table stale, cold and horrible that I get annoyed. The people that run the place are most obliging including when I asked it I could change my order at the last minute. I would recommend this restaurant for a casual meal when visiting the wineries, but get there early for lunch or you may find they have run out of all their ingredients as they do such a roaring trade!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Unicorn519
Mark C, Owner at Tuk Tuk Hunter Valley, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Julie U,
Thank you so very much, your reviews are the ones we love, written with intelligence and not in a knee jerk fashion.
You clearly can see what we are trying to achieve at Tuk Tuk, quality affordable food, delivered with a smile and a dash of irreverence.
We are absolutely thrilled that we could brighten your day and your trip to the Hunter Valley, please visit us again and say g'day !
Thanks Julie :-)

Sydney, Australia
“Cut out the salt!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

If it weren't for the salt, the hamburgers would be great. Did they slip with the salt shaker or is always like this? We won't be going back to find out, so we'll never know. It's a shame.

8 Thank dianavd
Mark C, Owner at Tuk Tuk Hunter Valley, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Dianavd (nice name?),
On a scale of 1 to 10, this would have to rate an 11 as one of the most asinine reviews I have read.
We DO NOT put ANY salt in our burger pattie mix, zero, nil, not one grain!
We don't put salt or pepper on the burger during the assembly phase.
In fact, we are constantly asked for salt and pepper to be brought to the table by customer that have more experienced palettes.
We have over thirty burgers on the menu plus specials, I am sure I would have remembered a customer that sat there and ate ALL of the burgers so as to be able to give an accurate review, but due to the fact that I don't remember you, I doubt you did this.
The only thing I can think of that you ate that was salty, would have been our Pork Belly and Crackling Burger Special, which strangely enough uses salt to make the crackling !
Also, what's a shame, the fact that you will never find out, or that you won't be back, shame is a relative term, I don't think it's a shame !
Beaumont Hills
“Great Hamburgers”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

For a quick lunch whilst on the go in the wine country, you can't go wrong with the scrumptious hamburgers at Tuk Tuk cafe, which faces the vines. The Service was quick and friendly.

Visited May 2014
Mark C, Owner at Tuk Tuk Hunter Valley, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Joanna,
Wow, high praise indeed from someone whom has reviewed 43 restaurants.
Thank you so very much, we love the fact that you appreciate what we are trying to do at Tuk Tuk, we want to bring excellent quality food to the Valley at a reasonable price, we want families to come here and leave with enough money in their wallets to get home, so far so good!
Over the last 8 months we hope we have built enough of a following so as to take the concept with us wherever we go.
Thanks again :-)
Newcastle, Australia
“Amazing Pulled Pork Roll!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A local in the Hunter, this is my new favourite place to grab a bite to eat. I usually steer clear of the Tempus Two complex as it is a well known overpriced tourist trap. However, Tuk Tuk is the exception. Amazing unique burgers at very reasonable prices. My favourite, Pulled pork roll is $12 which is very reasonable and absolutely delicious! I have also had the fried watermelon and bacon burger which sounds terrible, but believe me... its ah-maze-ing!
I have read some reviews here about the waiting times encountered and although I am not condoning a wait time of over an hour (which I find a little unbelievable) I do know that they clearly state on the menu and on the walls that there can be a wait time for specific burgers and that they don't send food out in the order that it has been ordered, due to various cooking times. This being said, I have never waited more than 20mins for my food. Perhaps, before you decide to place an order, check and see how busy they are - if there seems to be a lot of customers waiting and you don't have time to relax and wait - pop next door and grab some oily undercooked and overpriced Japanese food instead!

Mark C, Owner at Tuk Tuk Hunter Valley, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Cosmo,
Thanks mate, reviews like yours make it all worthwhile.
We try very hard to do our best and over the Easter Holidays we were hammered, it is the busiest time of the year in the Hunter, so it is very rewarding to receive a review like yours and all the other positive ones as well.
Always happy to have our locals come in, please say g'day next time, I found your observations spot on and quite humerous !
Armidale, Australia
“Good burgers!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

A decent range of "gourmet" burgers, We tried a couple and both where well presented, out of the ordinary and easily eaten !! It's basically an upmarket take away ( you pay for it and they bring it out, in that context the service is okay) that's in a nice setting, wait time in our case was acceptable (~10min) . We ate a bit earlier as it was Mothers day and looked like it could be busy later. Burgers cost around the $13 mark. Rating based on burger range, quality and acceptable price.