“Wedding Stay in the Hunter”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Vous Villas

Chez Vous Villas
Sydney, Australia
“Wedding Stay in the Hunter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We have stayed her several times before as the setting is peaceful and you are surrounded by trees.Chez Vous Villas have a romantic feel about them and we stayed in the townhouse villa. The bed is comfy and we enjoyed a nice bathroom spa after our morning walk and breakfast which was supplied by Daniel. Daniel the host is very nice and friendly and will help with your needs and any information regarding your stay at the Hunter.There is an outside pool and some lovely gardens to stroll around in and the chooks came by in the morning to say hello. The family dog was happy to see us as well and she is very friendly so we felt right at home. We are returning here very soon for our yearly visit, although I have been tempted by other places to stay I just keep coming back to Chez Vous Villas.

Room Tip: We stayed in the townhouse with a balcony outside the upstairs bedroom.. very nice place to have you...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank ward372

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

When you want affordable, clean and homely accommodation, set on a picturesque property close to everything the Hunter has to offer, look no further.

Personal touches regarding food, flowers and all the things that make a stay away easy and simple, they were all there. We'd stay again without a doubt.

The mattress was hard and not to our taste but we would request another room next time.

Apart from that, we felt most welcomed and very much at home.

Room Tip: Know what type of mattress your need - make sure the room you're booking has this type.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dean c
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

We booked Elton John and then found NO ACCOM available, we were very lucky to receive a reply that Chez Vous had just had a cancellation. We grabbed it and only later looked at reviews. The reviews made us think we had made a good choice. This was confirmed during our stay. Yes its not your traditional $300+ accom but it is so lovely and the owners are so accommodating that it is worth every cent. After the concert we were able to dart down a small dirt lane and be back in our comfortable bed in 5 minutes, if you have ever been to a concert at Hope Estate you will know it takes longer than that to even move out of your carpark into the line! We will definitely stay here again when we go back to the Hunter Valley

Room Tip: We had one with an upstairs bedroom which really was lovely
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

We have just returned from a 1 night stay at Chez Vous. We stayed mid-week and paid a reasonable rate for a double spa villa. We stayed in Villa 3. The room had a lovely mix-match of furniture. I did feel like I was staying in a french villa somewhere in France. The bed was extremely comfortable and the kitchenette had the basic kitchen utensils needed for breakfast or a light uncooked meal. I was surprised to find croissants, yogurt, butter, jam, juice and milk in the fridge. Definitely a bonus that we enjoyed for breakfast the next day. The grounds were gorgeous and so peaceful with lots of spots to sit and admire the view. The resident dog was very friendly and would follow us around. I enjoyed a hot afternoon by the pool listening to the birds. Location wise it's perfect, nearby all the main attractions. It's a couple of minutes drive to Broke Road. Next time I'm in the Hunter I will stay again. Thanks Daniel for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank prisky
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

It was both our first trip to the Huntrer Valley and after alot of research Chez Vous was the place I decided to book. While it was in our price range, a great location and the room we picked was perfect for what I was after the thing that got me straight away was the the personal touches that Daniel and Brigitta offered. Even before I made the booking they helped me with some activities I was looking into and gave me some great advice with their local knowledge and good contacts. I was rather picky with the room I wanted which wasnt a problem for them and the room itself was even better then I thought it would be, thats rare! When we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and shown around and all our questions answered with a smile and enthusiasm. Our room was amazing and the grounds made for the perfect setting for a romantic few days. As like most people that stay in the area we were busy most days and it was nice to come back to a place where you could sit back on your veranda or sit out on the lawns and just relax. With any place you stay its the little extras that makes the experience all the more better and here is no exception. The quality of all the products from the water in the room, the breakfast and condiments to the toiletries was just so much better then most places we have stayed. The location was perfect, as it wasnt on a main road but close enough to walk to some excellent restuarants. Pokolbin for mine was the best area to stay in the valley, really central to everything around.
We had three nights at Chez Vous and I would recommend it to any one looking for a nice relaxed place to stay. We wanted a romantic stay for two and thats exactly what we got! The beauty of this place also is the variety of each of the rooms and what they have to offer. Do yourself a favour and have a look at this place and enquire, you wont be disappointed, we werent....

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SteveGAustralia
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

Stayed in the one bedroom villa for 2 nights as a couple and a friend accompanying (on the fold out bed). For the money ($300 per night) I was expecting accommodation of a much higher standard - instead on arrival the room was quite tired, the kitchenette facilities(yeah right) did not include a sink but a bunch of mismatched crockery and cutlery really only catering for two people staying. Tiny old tv and limited seating for 3. Loved the bedside lamp that could only be turned on and off at the power point because the switch had been taped up with electrical tape (not very professional or safe I would think). Ironing board was almost unusable (wonky), missing tiles on floor of upstairs toilet. I would have thought for the price and given the lack of washing up facilities (for cups and glassware - we are in a wine district and don't mind having a glass of wine in the evening) that the room would have been serviced daily. I have stayed in the hunter region at least 10 times and I always like trying new places - in my opinion this is the worst place by far I have stayed in and not the cheapest. Sorry guys you will not see us again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Fenney007
drn01, Owner at Chez Vous Villas, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
It is always disappointing when expectations are not met by guests. In this particular case we are sorry that the customer did not talk to us about issues during their stay. We would have gone out of our way to correct things that we could have corrected; we always do our outmost to please our customers - all other reviews confirm that. We are always keen to get feedback so that we can improve things - given the chance that is....
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

From the moment you drive in the driveway you will feel a calmness and warmth that makes you feel good inside and most importantly you feel at home. Daniel and his wife are wonderful friendly people who go beyond the norm to make your stay a very memorble and relaxed one.

I loved the beautiful grounds surrounding the property and the accomodation has a lovely French style to it that makes you feel like your in Europe.

It is only a short walk to the lovely Roberts restaurant making it a perfect location to stay, close enough to everything but secluded and private and most importantly quiet and tranquil.

Whether your a couple who are about to be married, a couple who are after a romantic weekend away or a family wanting to spend the weekend at the Hunter Valley this place has it all.

Most importantly when you leave this place after your pleasurable and relaxing stay you will feel pampered and totally relaxed........i know i did.

I give it a much deserved 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family