“A tranquil piece of paradise that will bring hapiness to your heart”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chez Vous Villas

Chez Vous Villas
Sydney, Australia
“A tranquil piece of paradise that will bring hapiness to your heart”
Reviewed 12 May 2010

From the moment you drive in the driveway you will feel a calmness and warmth that makes you feel good inside and most importantly you feel at home. Daniel and his wife are wonderful friendly people who go beyond the norm to make your stay a very memorble and relaxed one.

I loved the beautiful grounds surrounding the property and the accomodation has a lovely French style to it that makes you feel like your in Europe.

It is only a short walk to the lovely Roberts restaurant making it a perfect location to stay, close enough to everything but secluded and private and most importantly quiet and tranquil.

Whether your a couple who are about to be married, a couple who are after a romantic weekend away or a family wanting to spend the weekend at the Hunter Valley this place has it all.

Most importantly when you leave this place after your pleasurable and relaxing stay you will feel pampered and totally relaxed........i know i did.

I give it a much deserved 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sydney
Reviewed 16 January 2010

We didnt know what to expect as my partner and i had never been to the Hunter. WhAT a memorable first experience we had!!
As soon as we arrived we were warmly greeted with suggestions on the different places to visit as well as been given a map and a route to try out first. This we thought was fantastic as we did not know where to start in the Hunter.
Our room was very comfortable. Stayed in the 1 bedroon 2 story room which had everything. 2 bathrooms, shower, air con upstairs with fan, kitchenette with fridge,toaster, kettle all utensils, bbq outside room with small table to eat outside,tv with dvd player. The fridge was filled with milk,juice,yoghurt,fresh bread, crossiants-enough for our stay. On the Sunday we even had the paper delievered directly to us...:)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
ACT
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Chez Vous Villas is the perfect place to stay in the Hunter Valley. The hosts are friendly and very helpful, not to mention Jessie the dog! The location is great, close to where it is all happening - the wineries, the restaurants. The property is gorgeous, and the setting extremely tranquil. We'll definately be heading back and we would advise others to do the same.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pin0tphile
London, England
Reviewed 11 October 2008

After seeing all the glowing reviews of Chez Vous my partner and I were really looking foward to our stay in the Hunter Valley.

We opted for the 2 bedroom villa which felt tired and in need of updating.

The kitchen felt worn and the cooker looked thirty years old and took forever to actually cook anything.
You are given 4 crossants and 4 pieces of raisin toast with coffee and tea. Yogurts provided in the fridge were out of date though.

The television picture was terrible with only two channels working. We tried using the DVD player but the picture was black and white. For the money I would have thought Foxtel wouldn't be out of the question.

You are in the middle of nowhere and whilst the gardens are not unpleasant we did encounter some of the wildlife in the shape of a 'Bluetongue' the largest lizard I've ever seen in someone's garden. There are lots of mosquitos so you need to spray the DEET on well.

Make sure you bring all the food you want to cook with because once you've had alcohol you're sort of stuck there.

Don't get me wrong, Chez Vous is not an awful place to stay by any stretch of the imagination but $600 for two nights I think we were expecting 5 star accomodation and this is more like 3 and a half.

On the plus side the place was clean, although no one came in to change the sheets on the 2nd day or tidy up. Again, if you're paying that sort of money this should come as standard.

If you want a good tour of the Hunter I highly recommend Boutique Wines, it was the best wine day we've done.

Overall I think we felt let down and a bit disappointed with Chez Vous. There are loads of places to stay in the Hunter Valley and a lot are the same sort of price or even more. I think, however, if I go again I'll be looking for better value for money as this place doesn't quite fit the bill.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
drn01, New owner at Chez Vous Villas, responded to this review, 12 December 2009
Hi,
I am Daniel Nikles and we have purchased Chez Vous Villas in the Hunter Valley. I have read all the feedback from all past customers and we take each input very seriously. You know, we want to be more responsive than the average place you stay, more personal and more involved.
So some of the issues have already been addressed and the other ones we will attend to shortly.
Please come back when back in Australia and we will offer you the best discount rate and a bottle of nice wine will be in your room, together with a brand new flat TV, DVD and all....
All the best !
Daniel
NSW
Reviewed 14 May 2008

Have just returned from 3 night stay at Chez Vous in their 2 bed villa. I recommend it unreservedly. The location could not be more perfect - you can walk to the Pepper Tree vineyard in a few minutes and then head on down to other vineyards/Pokolbin Village. We did most of our tastings on foot and didn't have to book a tour.

Chez Vous is tranquil, with wonderful wildlife. The onwer was very friendly and helpful. The villa itself is quite large and comfortable. We will be going back again!

One thing I would say is that this is suitable for pretty much anyone but it isn't a party place (thank god).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank danielallam
Brisbane
Reviewed 28 October 2007

I've just returned after spending 3 nights/4 days here with my partner and 2 other couples for a friend's wedding. What a wonderful way to spend it away from the hustle and bustle of city life.

The room my partner and I stayed in was one of the studio villas. It came fully equiped with a double spa, little kitchenette complete with continental breakfast provisions (including croissants which my partner was most impressed with), air conditioning, massive shower and wine glasses to try all your purchases after a hard day at winery tastings!!

Only a couple of suggestions I would offer to the owner (and I didn't get to mention this as we didn't see her in the morning - Karen) that the Studio Villas really need a chest of drawers and a wardrobe to hang clothes. We had no where to hang any of our clothes other then 2 little hooks that was on the back of the bathroom door. In Villa 4 I would also recommend a curtain or perhaps some beautiful wooden blinds on the window above the spa - the light at night is a little annoying and the morning sun does make it in to the rooms also. But other than that our stay was fantastic.

• Liked — The fact that we were in the middle of nowhere!! But close to everything!
  • Disliked — Lack of storage
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank kathnjuan
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2006

We stayed 2 nights here over a weekend. This property is based amongst the trees out the back of some of the wineries in the region, and within walking (stumbling?) distance from a couple of them.
On arriving the property is welcoming, and does have a slight mediterreanean feel to it, despite being surrounded by gum trees - and a bellowing laugh of a kookaburra.
We were received with a sense of overwhelming friendliness by the owner (Karen), and throughout the stay she did everything in her power to make the trip not only enjoyable - but also easy for us.
We stayed in a small, yet very ample studio apartment with a basic facilities (toaster, kettle), a very comfortable bed, big shower and small terraced area (which we made good use of).
The website (www.chezvous.com.au) is a good representation of what you will find here.
There was also a spa bath in our room and a nice looking pool on the property, which we (unfortunately) had no time to use.
A suitable breakfast was provided - croissant, bread, yogurt and cereal, all in our kitchennette ready for us to eat whenever we woke up. In the morning and during sunset, you can see kangaroos just a few minutes walk down the road.
Having travelled extensively in high class accomodation, I would rate this above average, but the service and hospitality is beyond excellent, it was amazing - which means our average rating is excellent!!!

• Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple