“Everything that we wanted for our first stay in the Hunter, would not want to stay anywhere else when we get back!!”
Review of Chez Vous Villas

Chez Vous Villas
Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2010

It was both our first trip to the Huntrer Valley and after alot of research Chez Vous was the place I decided to book. While it was in our price range, a great location and the room we picked was perfect for what I was after the thing that got me straight away was the the personal touches that Daniel and Brigitta offered. Even before I made the booking they helped me with some activities I was looking into and gave me some great advice with their local knowledge and good contacts. I was rather picky with the room I wanted which wasnt a problem for them and the room itself was even better then I thought it would be, thats rare! When we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and shown around and all our questions answered with a smile and enthusiasm. Our room was amazing and the grounds made for the perfect setting for a romantic few days. As like most people that stay in the area we were busy most days and it was nice to come back to a place where you could sit back on your veranda or sit out on the lawns and just relax. With any place you stay its the little extras that makes the experience all the more better and here is no exception. The quality of all the products from the water in the room, the breakfast and condiments to the toiletries was just so much better then most places we have stayed. The location was perfect, as it wasnt on a main road but close enough to walk to some excellent restuarants. Pokolbin for mine was the best area to stay in the valley, really central to everything around.
We had three nights at Chez Vous and I would recommend it to any one looking for a nice relaxed place to stay. We wanted a romantic stay for two and thats exactly what we got! The beauty of this place also is the variety of each of the rooms and what they have to offer. Do yourself a favour and have a look at this place and enquire, you wont be disappointed, we werent....

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SteveGAustralia

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sydney
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Stayed in the one bedroom villa for 2 nights as a couple and a friend accompanying (on the fold out bed). For the money ($300 per night) I was expecting accommodation of a much higher standard - instead on arrival the room was quite tired, the kitchenette facilities(yeah right) did not include a sink but a bunch of mismatched crockery and cutlery really only catering for two people staying. Tiny old tv and limited seating for 3. Loved the bedside lamp that could only be turned on and off at the power point because the switch had been taped up with electrical tape (not very professional or safe I would think). Ironing board was almost unusable (wonky), missing tiles on floor of upstairs toilet. I would have thought for the price and given the lack of washing up facilities (for cups and glassware - we are in a wine district and don't mind having a glass of wine in the evening) that the room would have been serviced daily. I have stayed in the hunter region at least 10 times and I always like trying new places - in my opinion this is the worst place by far I have stayed in and not the cheapest. Sorry guys you will not see us again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Fenney007
drn01, Owner at Chez Vous Villas, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
It is always disappointing when expectations are not met by guests. In this particular case we are sorry that the customer did not talk to us about issues during their stay. We would have gone out of our way to correct things that we could have corrected; we always do our outmost to please our customers - all other reviews confirm that. We are always keen to get feedback so that we can improve things - given the chance that is....
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2010

From the moment you drive in the driveway you will feel a calmness and warmth that makes you feel good inside and most importantly you feel at home. Daniel and his wife are wonderful friendly people who go beyond the norm to make your stay a very memorble and relaxed one.

I loved the beautiful grounds surrounding the property and the accomodation has a lovely French style to it that makes you feel like your in Europe.

It is only a short walk to the lovely Roberts restaurant making it a perfect location to stay, close enough to everything but secluded and private and most importantly quiet and tranquil.

Whether your a couple who are about to be married, a couple who are after a romantic weekend away or a family wanting to spend the weekend at the Hunter Valley this place has it all.

Most importantly when you leave this place after your pleasurable and relaxing stay you will feel pampered and totally relaxed........i know i did.

I give it a much deserved 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Sydney
Reviewed 16 January 2010

We didnt know what to expect as my partner and i had never been to the Hunter. WhAT a memorable first experience we had!!
As soon as we arrived we were warmly greeted with suggestions on the different places to visit as well as been given a map and a route to try out first. This we thought was fantastic as we did not know where to start in the Hunter.
Our room was very comfortable. Stayed in the 1 bedroon 2 story room which had everything. 2 bathrooms, shower, air con upstairs with fan, kitchenette with fridge,toaster, kettle all utensils, bbq outside room with small table to eat outside,tv with dvd player. The fridge was filled with milk,juice,yoghurt,fresh bread, crossiants-enough for our stay. On the Sunday we even had the paper delievered directly to us...:)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
ACT
Reviewed 5 January 2010

Chez Vous Villas is the perfect place to stay in the Hunter Valley. The hosts are friendly and very helpful, not to mention Jessie the dog! The location is great, close to where it is all happening - the wineries, the restaurants. The property is gorgeous, and the setting extremely tranquil. We'll definately be heading back and we would advise others to do the same.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pin0tphile
London, England
Reviewed 11 October 2008

After seeing all the glowing reviews of Chez Vous my partner and I were really looking foward to our stay in the Hunter Valley.

We opted for the 2 bedroom villa which felt tired and in need of updating.

The kitchen felt worn and the cooker looked thirty years old and took forever to actually cook anything.
You are given 4 crossants and 4 pieces of raisin toast with coffee and tea. Yogurts provided in the fridge were out of date though.

The television picture was terrible with only two channels working. We tried using the DVD player but the picture was black and white. For the money I would have thought Foxtel wouldn't be out of the question.

You are in the middle of nowhere and whilst the gardens are not unpleasant we did encounter some of the wildlife in the shape of a 'Bluetongue' the largest lizard I've ever seen in someone's garden. There are lots of mosquitos so you need to spray the DEET on well.

Make sure you bring all the food you want to cook with because once you've had alcohol you're sort of stuck there.

Don't get me wrong, Chez Vous is not an awful place to stay by any stretch of the imagination but $600 for two nights I think we were expecting 5 star accomodation and this is more like 3 and a half.

On the plus side the place was clean, although no one came in to change the sheets on the 2nd day or tidy up. Again, if you're paying that sort of money this should come as standard.

If you want a good tour of the Hunter I highly recommend Boutique Wines, it was the best wine day we've done.

Overall I think we felt let down and a bit disappointed with Chez Vous. There are loads of places to stay in the Hunter Valley and a lot are the same sort of price or even more. I think, however, if I go again I'll be looking for better value for money as this place doesn't quite fit the bill.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
drn01, New owner at Chez Vous Villas, responded to this review, 12 December 2009
Hi,
I am Daniel Nikles and we have purchased Chez Vous Villas in the Hunter Valley. I have read all the feedback from all past customers and we take each input very seriously. You know, we want to be more responsive than the average place you stay, more personal and more involved.
So some of the issues have already been addressed and the other ones we will attend to shortly.
Please come back when back in Australia and we will offer you the best discount rate and a bottle of nice wine will be in your room, together with a brand new flat TV, DVD and all....
All the best !
Daniel
NSW
Reviewed 14 May 2008

Have just returned from 3 night stay at Chez Vous in their 2 bed villa. I recommend it unreservedly. The location could not be more perfect - you can walk to the Pepper Tree vineyard in a few minutes and then head on down to other vineyards/Pokolbin Village. We did most of our tastings on foot and didn't have to book a tour.

Chez Vous is tranquil, with wonderful wildlife. The onwer was very friendly and helpful. The villa itself is quite large and comfortable. We will be going back again!

One thing I would say is that this is suitable for pretty much anyone but it isn't a party place (thank god).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family