“Just off the pace .....”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Estate Tuscany

Estate Tuscany
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Sydney, Australia
“Just off the pace .....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

This is our third time we have stayed at the Tuscany and I would stay there again but just don't expect to receive high standards of service. Just relax and don't be in a hurry. Having said that I have to add that individually the staff members were all very friendly and willing to assist. The rooms are large and more than adequate. We had a nice setting out side the back doors with excellent views. The main meal room looks great. The cafe is more than acceptable and both have excellent views. It's a beautiful piece of real estate. But I am not convinced that it is a Wine Estate? Where is their Tuscany Wine to buy?

Room Tip: I think that all rooms are equal.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Peter M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I and 4 others stayed at this self styled resort in the Hunter Valley. We have been there before. Checking it out for a future event we are organising with the resorts knowledge we were given rooms that were specified to have three beds in one. This included a double and a rollout bed contained in the lounge. The bed was rolled out and the top cover was felt pen signed to say " Do not use broken". Our group swapped rooms. All beds squeeked on any movement. The late afternoon was to be spent outside our rooms but were met with the caretaker having spinklers on and cleaning the pool. The outside awning leading from our room was held up by a rotten or white anted brace and our group decided to move from this position just in case it collapsed.

Our next bad experience was at dinner. We booked for 5 for 7.30pm at the onsite restaurant The Mill Restaurant. We placed our orders and the first entre was served over 1 hour later. The meal was substandard with either being overcooked or poorly plated up. Not all entre's came at the same time with wait staff seeking clarification as to who had ordered what plate. The course being the mains were served over another hour after that. The meals cam at separate times and were again were either overcooked (beef), burnt (duck) or poorly plated up.

When I made my comments all I could get was "there has been some confusion in the kitchen". No compensation was offered except "I'm sorry".

Next came breakfast. Well needless to say the order was incorrectly made. Brewed coffee was extra and certain breads were extra.

I made my complaint to the person in charage on check out who expressed surprise and a need to know comment. All I got was "I do apologise, I am so sorry". No other offer was made, no explanation, no compensation no thought about the event for over 80 people we were surveying the site for.

My suggestion to anyone thinking of staying at this venue is to think again. There are countless other places in the Hunter Valley that surpass this place. I suspect any venue would be better. And you will save money as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Alan P
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights and were not impressed at all. Firstly we were coned into upgrading our room which was fairly poor anyway. Reception was very slow and unwelcoming. Then we had a plumbing issue where we had almost not hot water and no water pressure. This was fixed, took hours and was a big mess with water everywhere. Kirsty the owner was not very pleasant at all. No people skills. She compensated us with a very cheap bottle of wine. We won't be going back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adam G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I purchased a scoopon deal at the tuscany wine estate for my best friend and I to stay at for two nights. We were overwhelmed by the hospitality of all the staff and will definitely be returning with more friends.

The room overlooked two ponds and a lavender garden with kangaroos at your door step at dawn and dusk. It was just so majestic and the perfect unwind from the city hustle and bustle.

We took the full day wine tour with the 30% discount at vineyard shuttle tours for $35 each! We went to about 6 wineries all with amazing tastings.

Overall my best friend and I loved the quiet location at the top of the hill looking over the vineyards and will be returning soon for a other visit.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank sammyw77
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel is very welcoming at reception. Very basic rooms. Bathroom in desperate need of refurbishing. Good to have the bar and restaurant close. Boring on a Saturday night though. Heard mixed reviews on the Mill restaurant. Had very average breakfast the next morning. Over done poached eggs and something like steamed bacon! Not bad but needs a bit more thought. They also take one night stays.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Spent 2 nights in the 'Deluxe Olive Grove Room'- kangaroos were at our courtyard in the morning! Loved it! And a wonderful treat for kids to see.
Chose this view /experience rather than the 'Vineyard' room view of the vineyards as you can get to experience this wonderful view from the on site eateries - where you also get a top notch and enchanting view of the hot air balloons floating across in the horizon! Just stunning!).

Rooms were clean, spacious and yet cosy.

The estate is conveniently located and extremely accessible to bar, restaurants, winery, Cheese factory (on site) and very close by to (horse riding and brewery).

The Brokeback Bar has a wonderful ambience and decor - and food is good and generously served. Only dined at the Mill Restaurant for breakfast (which was good - especially the yoghurt - creamy, thick and tasting indulgent! Also serve a good barista style coffee!

Tracey at Reception was a standout. Very welcoming, helpful and amicable in all that she did which added to the 'boutique hotel' ambience of the place.

The Binnorie Dairy Cheese Factory on site is a huge plus - they have tremendously tasty goats cheese feta!!!!

Really, really loved the place and would love to return again one day soon!

Room Tip: Go for the 'Olive Grove Rooms' to have view of the wallabies and kangaroos from your room!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

My husband and I travelled from Sydney hoping to enjoy a relaxing weekend away for my birthday. It was obvious from the second we arrived this was in fact far from reality. We were ignored by reception for a good 5 minutes before she even looked up at us, our room was made up of dirty carpet, dirty walls, a dirty bathroom and stained bed linen. When we called reception and notified them of this we were advised that there were no other rooms available to us. We only managed to stay for one of our intended 3 nights (we decided to stay elsewhere in Pokolbin for our remaining time), and upon early departure we found the manager (if thats what you want to call her) Kirsty to be impolite, sarcastic, unapologetic and plain rude! Horrible place and horrible staff. We are just ad we were able to salvage our weekend away once we found alternative accommodations.

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank Mle2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
The Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
#9 of 15 in Pokolbin
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley

Been to Estate Tuscany? Share your experiences!