We attended my grandaughter's wedding and reception here and the setting is idyllic with lovely views over the vineyards. We were originally going to stay there however well over $300 for 1 night was excessive.The ceremony was held outside on a very warm day. There was very little seating out of the sun and as there were nearly 4 hours between the ceremony and the start of the reception at 6pm our family group left, went home and returned. The Mill Restaurant was packed with 75 people seated and our table was located right next to the small bar so I kept getting knocked and it was difficult for me to push the chair back to get up. Bar and table service were both very poor and very slow, it was difficult to get water for the table and when we did get it it was not enough and not very cold. On a positive note the entree and main course were excellent although the plates of vegetables came after we had all finished the main course. Staff were nice enough but seemed to be rushed off their feet and not able to provide decent table service.
There were 2 things that I feel that the staff need to take notice of:
"The DJ had extension leads running across the floor where we were stepping onto the verandah. These leads were not taped down and were a safety hazard! They were moved later in the evening."
"A child slipped over on a puddle of spilled drink on the verandah - it was reported to staff by myself and others but it was some time before it was partially mopped up with a bit of paper towel. To my knowledge no enquiry was made as to whether the child was hurt."
The parking area was very small and we had to park up on the grass then step over large rocks.
The toilets were very dirty and appeared not to have been checked by staff as the evening progressed.
Summary: The place would be suitable for a much smaller number of people but I am sure there are much better places and better service for what you pay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estate Tuscany Decades of Hospitality & Award-Winning Service. Only two hours from Sydney, located at the foothills of the Brokenback ranges in Pokolbin, Hunter Valley (NSW). Guests can experience a relaxing stay in Tuscan-style accommodation, with uninterrupted mountain views in the heart of Australia's premium wine country. The grounds present a stylish blend of modern and rustic decor, set amongst 26 acres of beautiful countryside. There are two stunning eateries onsite. The Mill Restaurant offers guests a fine dining experience, while The Brokenback Bar presents a cafe-style bar where guests can sample wine and beer from the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Estate Tuscany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tuscany Wine Estate Hotel Pokolbin
- Tuscany Wine Estate Pokolbin
- Estate Tuscany Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia