“Could not fault, AMAZING!”

The Cellar Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Price range: US$0 - US$31
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Maitland
“Could not fault, AMAZING!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Went to this restaurant for a friends birthday. The staff were fantastic. As a friend is a vegan we find it very hard for her to eat a decent meal at most places and staff always seem annoyed that they have to ask the chefs questions. This is not the case at all here. The staff were more than happy to help and even managed to get an amazing vegan entree, main and dessert that was just as delicious as the other meals. As we all work in hospitality we understand what good service is and I am very happy to say this is one of the best places to go for a great atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff and AMAZING food. Everything was cooked to perfection and we were incredibly happy at the end of the night.
I HIGHLY recommend this place!

• Visited June 2014

• Hungarian first
Newcastle, Australia
“Excellent & attentive service, good food”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

After walking out of the Peterson restaurant, we attended the Cellar. From the moment of arrival we were made to feel wlecome, and although reasonably busy, we were given excellent service by staff who were very helpful & pleasant staff in our food & wine choices. Excellent value for money. We will return.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank PhredNerk
Sydney, Australia
“nothing grabbed me”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have been thinking about this review for days, finally I think I have it. I've eaten here twice and been a guest at a large function here. The food is ok, I just couldn't help being bored by the menu. the quail was ok, my Venison pie was a bit dry but ok and the wine was great and its a shame that the wine was the standout. After we left I was Kicking myself that we didn't go to the Japanese place over at Tempus 2, I just forgot cause it has been a while since we were here. I certainly won't make that mistake again. I did speak with the owners who seem nice but it would seem I went to the wrong resteraunt and I have changed my review to reflect that. When spending $250 i would like to think i got my monies worth unfortunately we didn't. You might

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jamie p
Hunter Valley, Australia
“2nd time dining”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This is my second time dining here and I can tell you I'd happily go back. Really nice food, compliments to the chefs! I was quite surprised with the wine list it's quite small but has everything on there that you could want. Lots of local wines. Very impressed. And service was spot on.
Thank you.

Visited May 2014
Sawtell
“Best meal we've had for a while”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We went there for dinner last night and had the Scallops,Crackling and Terrine entree and the Confit Duck main. The service was great and we were advised on a wine choice which resulted in us having a fantastic local 9yr old Hunter Valley Semillon. We'd go back any time.

Visited May 2014