“best restaurant in the hunter”

Restaurant Botanica
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Price range: US$35 - US$42
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern Australian yet regionally distinctive in style, the menu at Restaurant Botanica is focused on seasonality and freshness, perfectly complemented by an award-winning wine list and stunning views looking out across our private vineyard to the Brokenback Mountain Range. The restaurant's very own kitchen garden is the source of many of the herbs and vegetables that add a wholesome and healthy dimension to the dishes.
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This is without a doubt the best restaurant we visited in the hunter. The service was fantastic and the food was beautiful. I had the lamb and it was beautiful. Its $60 for 2 courses which I think is pretty reasonable. There was a great range of wines at very good prices. Highly recommend

3  Thank thinkingoutloud121

Reviewed 20 June 2011

We all couldn't speak more highly of Restaurant Botanica. Although it is a bit of a derive to get there, it is well worth the trip. The food was outstanding, the wine list extensive, the service amazing and very good value for money! It was a fantastic way to start our weekend in the Hunter!

Reviewed 29 May 2011

They got everything right. The food was magnificent, service was the perfect balance between attentive but not overbearing and the location in the vineyards was brilliant.
Only one negative ... It took me a while to workout how to unlock the toilet door but I think that says more about me then the restaurant.

Reviewed 12 May 2011

My expectations were too high perhaps because this restaurant is so well thought of. The night we were there there were only 2 waitresses for a full restaurant and they performed admirably considering. But we didn't like to bother them, for example, for some black pepper and poured our own wine as they were rushed off their feet. The Amuse Bouche was delicious and their bread is good. My main (lamb) was ok, big lump of meat with a bit of fairly tasteless something on top (beetroot but that was the only flavour I could detect) and not much of the lovely potatoe underneath. Their vegetables have to be paid for as an extra (why?) but delicious - out of their own garden. The greatest disappointment was my desert.... a lump of tasteless stodge that I could not eat (can't remember what it was supposed to be!) with half a fig - I did let the waitress know. So 2 people, 2 courses, 1 bottle of wine $175. I don't mind paying money for good food but I would say you can eat MUCH better down the road at Enzo's which was really good - not the same classy atmosphere but still very comfortable and nice.

Reviewed 8 May 2011

We had the terrific evening just lovely food, lots of extra touches that just made it extra special. Terrific staff overall outstanding.