“Best ever lunch.”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
“Best ever lunch.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had rack of lamb on Feta and spinach scroll with roasted capsicum and tomato sauce. It was probably the best meal I have eaten for a very long time. The lamb was beautifully cooked, and the flavour combination was superb. The service is efficient and very friendly, the views sublime. I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation. Value for money.

• Visited April 2014

Pokolbin, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Duck”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Try the duck its sensational. Friendly atmosphere and service in a smaller establishment need to book early.

Visited November 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Beautiful food”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The food here was magnificent and so was the service. We were fitted in at the last minute ( I can see why you have to book before hand),I had the Crab & Snapper Ravioli in Burnt Butter sauce which was on the entrée list but they made into a main for me, it was cooked to perfection and my partner had the Prawn Pasta which had a generous amount of fresh prawns and beautiful fresh salads. the price was reasonable and we will be defiantly going back again.

Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our first time to the Hunter. I booked this place because of the entertainment card. Wow! Best meal we had the entire time we were up here. The lamb was devine. My husbands prawn linguine was sooo good! Its in the middle of now where and driving up I was not sure where they could have a restaurant on the property but it is so well put together. Service was great!

• Visited March 2014
Newcastle, Australia
“Poor service and food of mediocre quality”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We chose Amanda's on the Edge due to its reputation of high quality food and service. Our experience was disappointing. We dined on a Thursday night and the restaurant was 3/4 full. The service was poor. We needed to ask for water on two separate occasions - table water service only works if the wait staff are attentive.

My father had the eye fillet and whilst it was cooked to his liking, the meat was chewy and of poor quality (he doubted whether it was actually an eye fillet). I had the duck and this was over cooked. When collecting the meals the waitress asked 'how were they?' and my father informed her of his qualm. When paying the bill, my father prompted her as to whether she had informed the chef. She replied yes, but that there would be no discount because my father 'had already eaten the meal'. I'm not sure what he was expected to do...wait for a waitress to finally spot him and then eat a newly cooked meal after we had finished ours? Not my idea of a fine dining experience.

For a fine dining restaurant that asks $35+ per main, we were disappointed with this indifferent attitude displayed, particularly as her response implied that we were just trying to 'score' a free meal. We are locals and feel that this was an incredibly shortsighted move on her behalf. Whilst we may have returned if they had recognised their fault and compensated us accordingly, we will now definitely not be returning to Amanda's on the Edge.

• Visited April 2014