“Revitalising beyond belief”

Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
“Revitalising beyond belief”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I recently went for a 5 day break to the Golden Door. It was recommended to me by a friend, I didn't realise that places like this actually existed! I have been to a few spas and health centres before but nothing like this. I was pretty burnt out with life and long working hours! However this soon changed. The setting is stunning and oozes nature, which is great for today's busy minds. The food is amazing, the activities are fun and informative and I experienced many firsts at the golden door. My first yoga class, my first Zumba dance class, my first salsa class, tai chi, an introduction to numerology which was more like informative comedy, mindfulness meditation, tennis fit, volleyball and not to mention the soul awakening which I loved. In truth this place teaches you what most of us have forgotten about life, that its fun fun fun even without beer or wine or caffeine! This is something that we innately have as a child but loose the more we are exposed to life's challenges! The GD is Literally food for the mind, body and soul....not to mention I lost 4.3 kgs in five days. Also the GD equips you with the skills you need to lead a more enriched, positive fun filled life. Best money ever spent on ME! Thanks guys, see you next year & every year after that ;-)

Room Tip: Get the bath bombs day one!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have just spent the most wonderful 5 days at The Golden Door, Elysia. it is hard to know how to classify the Golden Door, it provides so much and far exceeded all of my expectations. The location is beautiful and the facilities are first class. But it is the experience which is unmatched. This is a health retreat that truly serves both the body and soul. There is so much to do..seminars, spa treatments, all forms of exercise and activities and then the wonderful yoga, meditation and wellness treatments. Of course you can do as much or a little as you like. The staff are superb and I met wonderful guests from all over Australia, some of whom I am sure I will remain in contact with. I have a very busy professional life, and not uncommonly return to work following a vacation, only to feel rapidly fatigued, but this time feels so different. I have gained insights, practises and strategies that will enrich my life. I'll definitely be back and I can not recommend the GD more highly.

2 Thank Michelle255093
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I spent 5 days at Golden Door. It was unlike any holiday we had ever experienced. The staff were so amazing, they are passionate about what they do and provided informative seminars on a variety of topics, mouth watering healthy food and a range of fitness classes. The tai chi at sunrise was a highlight, the views and sounds of the birdlife was so relaxing. The morning walk through the neighbouring golf course with the kangaroos was also great to do every morning. It really does something for everyone to participate in like cardio classes, competitive team sports, meditation, pilates, yoga, cycle classes, deep water running etc. It was liberating not checking my phone every five minutes and having interesting conversations with new people every day. We left feeling rested, relaxed and with new tools to help us lead a healthy life back at home. Its worth the money as its an investment in yourself. Highly reccomended, we will be coming back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Twixynix
Melbourne
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

My mother and I shared five wonderful days at Golden Door Health Retreat. I arrived feeling tired and run down. The two bedroom luxury villa was a wonderful haven. The facilities were excellent, particularly the heated pool. The 'Customer Care' from the upbeat, genuine staff was superb. Mel and 'little Matt' were particularly inspiring. Our meals were healthy and flavoursome with thoughtful 'gluten free' options. We participated in Tai Chi, deep water running, stretching, Pilates, fitball, meditation and the informative and entertaining lectures. We indulged in several spa treatments, the Watsu pool experience was amazing. We departed refreshed and re-energised. Thank you Golden Door, we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank WineandRoses09
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Just spent a beautiful 5 nights in this very very special place. I would highly recommend this retreat to anyone who wants to recharge their batteries, take some time out and just be. Food was great, rooms are lovely, staff are amazing - can't wait to go ago for the 5th time.. great value and a beautiful spa - book your treatments before you get there though - enjoy.

Room Tip: They are all great - second floor better I think.
Albury
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Having recently got back from seven days at the Golden Door, I can't believe how good I feel. The Golden Door Elysia really is a very special place. I was just planning to go there for some time out and R&R, but got so much more. I learnt so much about getting more balance into my life through better nutrition, exercise, relaxation and taking care of myself. It has really transformed my thinking and I have already adjusted a lot of the ways I do things. I was so impressed by the friendliness, support and expertise of all the staff at the Golden Door. The setting was spectacular and I loved the luxury of our rooms and the day spa. The food was fantastic too. I look forward to recommending this experience to a lot of my family and friends. I absolutely loved this trip and look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne,Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I have just spent 12 fantastic days at Golden Door Elysia. This is my third time here and it just gets better. The staff are amazing and caring and can't do enough for you. The food is to die for and the spa treatments are heaven! I enjoyed the exercise regime and loved the fact that there was so many activities to choose from. I feel invigorated and I totally recommend this experience to anyone! Thank-you to Mel & the rest of the wellness team for providing me with lifelong strategies for a happier and healthier life.....
Christine

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
The Convent Hunter Valley
#11 of 15 in Pokolbin
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley

Been to Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia? Share your experiences!