“An Amazing Week”

Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
“An Amazing Week”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Golden Door is a wonderful place to spend the week. Wanted to live there! The location is incredible, over looking the vineyards of the Hunter Valley. There is plenty on offer to do or you can simply rest and enjoy the surroundings. The facilites and rooms are all impeccably kept.The staff are simply outstanding, their enthusiasm for what they do is infectious and they are keen to share the knowledge of their passion. I was in a relaxed trance for a week after my stay. Thanks for an amazing week.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is something everyone should experience. Taking time to invest in your personal best asset making sure it does not become a liability. If you don't look after this body, where else will you live?
The team, the whole team are passionate, knowledgeable and great ambassadors and advocates of health. The location is perfect.
I would thoroughly recommend a visit to the Hunter Valley at Elysia. Accommodation is excellent, facilities are great and the food is really tasty and more than enough. You will never go hungry.
Take my advice if you value your health and place it on the bucket list. After that it will become a regular on your calendar.
I could not find fault with anything.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I am fortunate enough to have stayed at the Golden Door Elysia 4 times, and it is my go-to place whenever I need to recharge my batteries or reset my lifestyle habits. Having stayed at other reputable health retreats in Australia, I now know that the Golden Door Elysia is THE place to go - don't waste your time with the others! The accommodation is great - beautiful views, comfy beds and lovely luxurious bathrooms. But what really makes the Golden Door is the amazing team of experts - from program coordinators (thanks Mel!) to trainers to the best spa staff in Australia, as well as a range of specialised experts to help you leave feeling your very best. In addition to this range of premium holistic treatments, you will eat restaurant quality gourmet healthy meals, and know that your food, a range of activities and some lovely spa treatments are paid upfront and included in your program - making the whole experience excellent value for money. I was lucky enough on my last trip to combine all the above with a lovely group of fellow guests - and I left feeling like a million dollars! If you need a reset or recharge - or you just want to be pampered for a week - look no further, you have found your place right here!

Room Tip: From what I can tell all rooms are great.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Sydney
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

The Golden Door program is excellent. The accommodation is very comfortable, the facilities are first rate, but it is the staff which makes it a five star experience. The trainers, educators and spa staff are all wonderful and so good at what they do. Thanks Mel!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Peter B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Almost a year since I was at the Golden Door and I think I'm ready to go again. You know when you need a GD 'hit'. I am a full time carer for a very unwell daughter and I was given my last week long visit by a very kind person who could see I was at the end of my rope. As soon as I arrived, I knew I was where I needed to be. The kindness of the staff, the simple yet tasty food, the air...all heaven. You can do as much or as little as you want, there is no pressure to get up early if what you need is to sleep in. I relished the early morning tai chi followed by a beautiful walk through the hills, followed by a beautiful breakfast with some wonderful people, as they say everyone has a story and we were all there because of our particular story. I didn't want to leave or to break the bubble of nurturing I'd been in for 7 days but we all need to get back into our lives and my week at the GD buoyed me ready for another stint at home life. I will be back....and soon!

Room Tip: From what I saw, all the rooms were wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Kendall, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was afraid when I opened the huge golden Door to Alysia and climbed the stairs to reception, BUT a lovely smiling face settled me and it just got better. 5 night Body Blitz took me from 20% energy level on arrival to 80% energy level on departure. Professional, friendly, encouraging staff in 5 star accommodation with great tasting food and a new experience for me- no wine with dinner!

Very educational and a real eye opener to me as to where and what I should focus on for my own mental and physical well being.

I lovd the team sports in body blitz - the time zoomed by and I was so encouraged to participate. The guests were at all different levels of fitness and the professional staff are a great help catering to those diff levels.

Ill be back - I feel so "new"

I came home and my tight jeans just slid on - yaaa - ya gotta love that

Thanks Mel n the team at Golden Door

Room Tip: I would choose a sunny balcony in spring or autumn
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank crazymonkey50
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We recently spent three days at the Golden Door Health Retreat. I had never experienced anything like this before and found it hugely uplifting and fulfilling. Accommodation was beautiful. View was exquisite. Quiet time. Wonderful exercise. Amazing food. Three days was maybe not long enough to experience the full benefits but certainly a great introduction. Thank you for such a special experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
The Convent Hunter Valley
#10 of 15 in Pokolbin
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley

Been to Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia? Share your experiences!