“Great Way to Kick Start New Year”

Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I visited for a 5 day stay in January and found the staff enthusiastic and fun. Discovered some new ways of feeling good and getting fit- especially the Deep Water Running classes which were great and the Salsa dancing class. Food was tasty and actually bigger quantities than I would normally eat at home but much more nutritious. Evening activities varied but Games night especially fun. Rooms were comfortable and well serviced- no trouble to change sheets when requested.
Best of all, I have not drunk coffee or alcohol since I returned and miss neither!

Room Tip: All villas had a great view and not far to walk from any room to facilities.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rosalind C
There are newer reviews for Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia

Reviewed 8 February 2014

A big thank you to the experienced, professional and caring staff at the Golden Door Elyssia. We loved that they took time to show and encourage us throughout the varied program . We realised the importance of breathing ,moving and taking time out for yourself. Fantastic programme, first class accommodation and we looked forward to what was on the menu at each meal!
The best 7 days of our lives, we left feeling energised , relaxed , with a new outlook on life.

Room Tip: Villa 17 and 19 , great views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Jan A

The moment I stepped out at the Golden Door, I was greeted with a warm smile by the gentleman who took care of my luggage, and a welcoming smile from Kimberley on reception and from then on for the remainder of the week the smiles and hospitality continued. While I didn't know anyone, when I arrived, except the friend I went with, by the time I left the Golden Door, the amazing staff had created an instant community for those who wanted to be involved. There was no pressure at any time to be involved but the staff were so friendly and enthusiastic I just couldn't resist. There were also plenty of opportunities to relax in the magnificent spa, sit by a pool (indoor or outdoor) or "take time out" in very comfortable accommodation. As for the meals they were not only wholesome but truly delicious!

Room Tip: We were in a two bedroom apartment which each had its own ensuite. Sheer luxury. This meant we each...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 98JanA
Reviewed 6 February 2014

A wonderful resort to spend 5 or 7 days doing as much or as little as you want to at the same time as being pampered and well fed. All the staff are so friendly yet professional
I would be happy going alone or with a friend as all the participants in the program become your new best friends after a few days
It is impossible to leave the Golden Door without feeling much healthier and happier

Room Tip: All chalets have wonderful views of the Hunter Valley as it is perched on top of a hill
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Gina G
Reviewed 4 February 2014

As soon as I walked to my accommodation I knew that this place is so unique. For the first time it felt like I did something great for my body and my soul.
I give 10 stars to the Golden Door for:
1) Staff (the most devoted people working from hart)
2) Program for all levels (you can do as much or as little as you wish)
3) Food (design by one the most talented chef)
4) Facilities (unique location combine with exclusive accommodation and luxury spa facilities.

Room Tip: Every think is great
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna L
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Needing a break and some space after a hectic year, I spent 5 days at Golden Door on a friend's recommendation. What a peaceful, tranquil setting in the Hunter Valley. The lectures were informative and fun with commonsense advice for making the most of each day. Meals were excellent and I really didn't miss the wine and coffee. I felt quite at ease on my own because many other singles were there.I felt recharged and well after the 5 days. I'll definitely go back again when I feel the need to get away and refresh.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the valley. Lovely to sit on the balcony and enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Elysia for 7 nights in the last week before Christmas. It was the perfect place to wind down prior to Christmas and to avoid the frenzy that always seems to precede it.
The Golden Door program is fabulous, the staff incredibly friendly and encouraging, the setting delightful and the accommodation just perfect. If only we could live there! We'll definitely be back this year. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens
The Convent Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
#12 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia? Share your experiences!