“Amazing experience”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Darwin, Australia
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had a wonderful time at Golden Door Elysia, the whole experience was tremendous with wonderful healthy food, beautiful staff who cater to everyone's needs & a great variety of fitness, relaxation, pampering, and useful seminars. The motivation and genuine friendliness and assistance of staff is exemplary, and I will definitely be back. Totally recommend everyone to treat themselves to this experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have been to the Golden Door twice now and on both occasions I have been completely overwhelmed by the level of love, compassion and professional guidance the wonderful team at the Golden Door provides to each and every guest. It really is a life changing experience which I can highly recommend to everyone!

Room Tip: All of the villas are beautiful.
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I spent 7 days at the Golden Door Elysia over Easter 2014 and it was one of the best investments I have ever made in my health and wellbeing.

The Golden Door is the perfect place to remove yourself from your normal context and return completely rejuvenated with renewed perspective The location, staff and program are designed in a way that enables you to rest, think, heal, challenge yourself, try something new, laugh (a lot), share stories and make fantastic new friends.

I would recommend the stay to anyone, individual, couple, family or friends and can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: Just let the staff know if you have any particular requirements. Nothing seems too hard and you won...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Golden Door Health Retreat experience for me was simply wonderful. I couldnt fault a thing and the staff were so friendly and helpful.

I am so much healthier and relaxed from my week at The Golden Door. I have found it is so easy to keep up with the healthy habits since leaving too. Thanks to the wonderful team.

Sandy Ewing,
Founder, Life Coaching Melbourne

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I didn't know what to expect, I had heard so many great things and personally knew people who had life changing experiences so my expectations where very hight. I am pleased to say that not only were my expectations meet, they were exceeded. Everythign from the food, the villas, the seminars, activities, treatments and mostly the staff were amazing. A special thanks to Jaye, you are an inspiration and not to mention Matt and your sense of humour, made for a good laugh. One of my of my highlights was the 6.30am Tai Chi in the morning on meditation hill, I never thought this would be my thing but thought I would go the first morning just to tick the box.. well WOW I can't expain it, I felt such a connection to my myself and my surrounds, needless to say I went every morning, I think nearly the whole group went every morning. You also meet so many special people, you dont' experience that on every holiday. Thank you Golden Door, I'll see you next year or maybe even sooner.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I thoroughly recommend this amazing spa,the food exquisite and plentiful, accommodation spacious with stunning views, staff friendly, helpful and caring, exercises and seminars were just what I wanted and needed and I learned so much, so motivated to change.

Room Tip: All rooms were great but maybe ask for one close to the main lounge/dining as the property is large
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

From the moment you enter this property you feel peace and calmness. You are put at ease, and you are genuinely nurtured by all staff, from Manager to Kitchen Staff. i have come away with new directions in my life and I am still feeling the wealth of knowledge and commitment in myself.

It is now seven weeks since I left my stay and I am powering on with so much energy and purpose.

The amazing genuine staff are committed and deliver over and above anyone expectations.

Thank you to Golden Door Elysia, Hunter Valley. Lyn H.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mlhoel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
The Convent Hunter Valley
#11 of 15 in Pokolbin
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley

Been to Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia? Share your experiences!