“Totally Loved It!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pokolbin
Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Sydney, Australia
“Totally Loved It!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter and I did the Friday to Sunday Weekend Package. It was her birthday and I wanted to treat her to something very special and the Golden Door Health Retreat Elysia fully delivered. As we drove past the vineyards and then through the electronic gates and up the winding driveway, I immediately sensed that we were in for something that would live up to all of my expectations and more. I was not wrong. The retreat's hilltop location with its panoramic views over the Hunter Valley is spectacular. The entire complex is beautifully designed. The activities on offer are varied, fun and sometimes quite challenging. Jaye, who ran many of the activities while we were there, was amazing. Her enthusiasm to have us get out there and 'seize the day' was infectious- particularly for the spiritually enriching tai chi session at sunrise.
In addition to the many physical pursuits, my daughter and I also pampered ourselves with some fabulous spa treatments.
The entire staff was great. I also appreciated that we were able to arrive for lunch on Friday and also have lunch provided on Sunday (our last day) and we were invited to say after our final lunch and do more activities if we wished. Now that's service!
When I mention to others that I had a weekend away with my daughter at the Golden Door, Elysia, some have commented "but it must have cost you a bit." Yes, it cost more than other accommodation in the area but it was so totally worth it.
If you are into healthy living and feel that it is about time that you were nice to yourself, the Golden Door Health Retreat Elysia is definitely for you.
I would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: The villas with views over the valley are undoubtedly be terrific but we loved the location of our v...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was my fourth time at Golden Door (the second time by myself) and I can't recommend it enough. I thoroughly recommend going by yourself and for 7 days - it gives you enough time to wind down and then begin to feel really really good: physically, mentally and in your soul. It gives you the opportunity to meet some truly amazing people and to reconnect with yourself. The Golden Door program is so well designed that you have the break the you need - be it rest, fitness, lose weight, kick start healthier lifestyle - you can do as much or as little as you need to. I didn't even really miss my evening wine (too much).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mandy H
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My wife and i were on holiday in NSW and while we were touring the Hunter Valley with family my birthday 'landed on me' once again,so as a treat from my son he booked me into this health resort...and wow! what a relaxing place this was and my massage was the best ever. If we are ever back in the region some day,then i would most definitely give it another try.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had a wonderful time at Golden Door Elysia, the whole experience was tremendous with wonderful healthy food, beautiful staff who cater to everyone's needs & a great variety of fitness, relaxation, pampering, and useful seminars. The motivation and genuine friendliness and assistance of staff is exemplary, and I will definitely be back. Totally recommend everyone to treat themselves to this experience.

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have been to the Golden Door twice now and on both occasions I have been completely overwhelmed by the level of love, compassion and professional guidance the wonderful team at the Golden Door provides to each and every guest. It really is a life changing experience which I can highly recommend to everyone!

Room Tip: All of the villas are beautiful.
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I spent 7 days at the Golden Door Elysia over Easter 2014 and it was one of the best investments I have ever made in my health and wellbeing.

The Golden Door is the perfect place to remove yourself from your normal context and return completely rejuvenated with renewed perspective The location, staff and program are designed in a way that enables you to rest, think, heal, challenge yourself, try something new, laugh (a lot), share stories and make fantastic new friends.

I would recommend the stay to anyone, individual, couple, family or friends and can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: Just let the staff know if you have any particular requirements. Nothing seems too hard and you won...
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Golden Door Health Retreat experience for me was simply wonderful. I couldnt fault a thing and the staff were so friendly and helpful.

I am so much healthier and relaxed from my week at The Golden Door. I have found it is so easy to keep up with the healthy habits since leaving too. Thanks to the wonderful team.

Sandy Ewing,
Founder, Life Coaching Melbourne

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Splinters Guest House
Splinters Guest House
#4 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia? Share your experiences!