“A life changing journey.”

Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Sydney, Australia
“A life changing journey.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was absolutely exhausted physically and emotionally and going to the Golden Door was just the ticket. The staff are ALL AMAZING - so genuine and caring and authentic. They really love and care about what they do and all the guests benefit from this. The spa treatments were incredible, the food divine. The accommodation luxurious and the view to die for. And fellow guests all there for their own reasons - so respectful and so much fun!
Don't wait 'till you hit rock bottom - go and look after yourself at this divine place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are so gorgeous and sunny in winter.
2 Thank T J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 3 July 2014

If you are looking to break bad habits and form new ones, gain insight into yourself emotions and spirit, meet like minded people to egg you along, be uber active or simply indulge in zen like relaxation, golden door is your place. I was fortunate to spend an amazing 7 days at this gorgeous retreat. My favourite aspect were the talented and inspiring staff - i can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sunset
1 Thank Renata B
Double Bay, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It was my choice for my wife and I to attend the Golden Door Elysia as a mid-year re-boot/de-tox. The setting is wonderful - gorgeous views of greenery, rolling hills, water with natural wildlife (read kangaroos) mingling unobtrusively around the grounds. The accommodation is excellent and the facilities (recreational; training; spa) are terrific.

Another lovely aspect of our stay was the other guests...a friendly and warm group of people each with their own stories and journey for improvement. Friendships are formed quickly.

The single most significant attribute of the Golden Door is its team...the staff are simply outstanding. Brigid, Jaye, Mel, Kath, Tony, Matt, Lita, Jess et al...each have their distinct personalities yet are uniform in their absolute engagement, genuine empathy, professionalism and self-effacing yet completely positive approach toward every guest.

You'll be a bit hungry to start with; your head will ache a little as the toxins depart your body; your stomach will grumble with all the wonderful "new" and healthy food passing through....and then all clears and the balance is a lightness and vigour mixed with a renewed positive outlook. "It won't happen overnight...but it will happen".

Room Tip: We enjoyed a villa close to the main building...others will enjoy the walk around Meditation Hill.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BCE2028
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

An exceptional program that uplifted me physically, spiritually and emotionally. I enjoyed every minute, made lasting friendships, achieved goals and set new ones and will be back. I got so much more than I expected out of my GD experience and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently spent 7 days at Elysia ,,, and let me say they would have to be the best 7 days I have spent on myself. The staff are truly, truly amazing. They are strong and compassionate, gentle and nurturing. They really do love what they do and you feel that from the moment you meet them. I have to admit at first I thought it was a bit too good to be true, but it's real and genuine,,, it's fabulous. I had been through a lot leading up to that week , both in my health and emotional well being. I had felt disconnected from myself and those around me, lost if you like.. By the end of my week not only was my physical health improving but I felt better about myself and my future. I will carry that experience with me for a very long time and hope to return for a "top up" next year. It really is a beautiful place to stay and relax, regenerate, rejuvenate, find yourself or lose yourself in the moment. Let it go :-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I went along hoping to develop some good lifestyle habits. Instead I found a new me. I loved the day program and choice of activities. I got to try some activities I have wanted to try and get into (Tai Chi, Pilates - that actually made sense, meditation, using the massage roller). 1 month later I am still living the changes that I have put in place and loving it. The people are fantastic and so enthusiastic. The site is beautiful and relaxing, I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I didn't know what to expect when I was booked into this retreat. My employer insited I go to de stress. What can I say...This place has been sent from heaven. I not only managed to relax, I met some amazing people, had the most amazing food and more importantly managed to focus and look at myself. Something I had not done for a while!

If you need some time to recharge, I suggest you book in the Golden Door. Jaye and her team are the most amazing people.

I also suggest a deep tissue massage with Tara. Your miscles will melt away from the bones.

Thank you Golden Door - I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
The Convent Hunter Valley
#11 of 15 in Pokolbin
Chateau Elan Hunter Valley
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley

Been to Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia? Share your experiences!