“Get your mind and body right” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pokolbin
Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Sydney
“Get your mind and body right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have stayed here on a number of occasions. It is a great holiday and health wake up call. When I leave I feel relaxed, and ready to get back into the world. It has been a great influence on my health over the last 5 years. I am now fit, at a good weight level, and eat far better, thanks greatly to the Golden Door. The facilities are first class. Great pool, gym, spa, etc. Massages are nice after a busy day. The staff are very good at what they do, and the food is what I need to get me back on track.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Todd L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

If I could afford it id go to golden door every year!

I just go for a 3 day solo break - a treat while hubby looks after kids

The food accommodation and staff are brilliant

You feel a million dollars when you leave

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Georgie_hobford
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Calming, reguvinating, exillerating,
The most wonderful 5 days, spent with fabulous staff in a caring, friendly environment.
I'm trying to think of words that best describe my experience but no words can describe the time spent completely on yourself.
The staff are professional but funny and very approachable.
I only wish I had more time.
If you ever want to do something completely for yourself "just do it"

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Taking time out for myself at the Golden Door Retreat was the most beautiful gift I have ever given myself! It is definitely a gift that keeps on giving after driving out the gate, and is definitely a gift I am going to schedule in for myself again. I got so much out of the balanced focus on the mind, body and spirit - I re-awakened muscles I had forgot I had and loved getting back in touch with my spirituality. I couldn't fault the standard of accommodation, the gorgeous and enthusiastic helpers, the delicious food, and the outstanding treatments. I also met some really beautiful people who I hope to stay in touch with. Everyone I have seen since have told me how well I look! What a fortunate experience I had! Thank-you so much to all involved in my experience - I truly loved it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kirsten M
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was apprehensive of my planned 7 day retreat at the Golden Door, I was not sure if I would cope without sugar and all the other treats that I used to eat to get me through my busy daily life.

How wrong I was. Upon arriving you are greeted by the calm, and friendly team who instantly reassure you that you are embarking on a life changing journey, in an environment where you are full supported.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and all the programs, treatments and meals that assist you with detoxing. No more drinking Coke for me...

There was an amazing group of people who shared the journey with me, we laughed, cried and shared our life stories and goals.

I highly recommend that you end your stay with a Watsu massage. Scott "Masseuse" guides your body through a relaxing and invigorating water based massage, that is divine. Wish I had one at the beginning and end of my stay.

All I can say is if you are considering a stay, then don't hold back. Do it, it will change your view on life, health and priorities for ever.

Thank you Golden Door and Jaye (Program Mgr) for your energetic and happy outlook on life..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Yvonne C
Manly, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had not idea what to expect but had heard good things about Golden Door. Recovering from severe adrenal fatigue, anxiety and depression I arrived at 12.30pm and was met by calm, happy and loving people. I had walked into heaven on earth!

For 7 days I was immersed into a world of kindness, nurturing, non-judgement, nutritional bliss, wellness and spa treatments to sooth me. Every member of staff is passionate about being there and are warm, caring and professional. Being there on my own everyone bonded so well with openness, trust, laughter and some of the most memorable moments of my life. I have made new friends and found a place in myself I have been looking for in a very long time.

I am eternally grateful for Golden Door and everything they did for me and what they continue to do for others. laughedcomfort and clarity. It wasnt without my own 'meltdown' as they call it teary tuesday but I came out the other side better than Ive been in years.

I have not laughed, smiled, enjoyed, sung out loud and experienced mylsef the way I did in those 7 days.

Its a must do for anyone who is looking for clarity, love and peace.. and lots of laughter too!

Ronia x

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the northern side for the amazing sunsets and warm sun during the days.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ronia B
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was absolutely exhausted physically and emotionally and going to the Golden Door was just the ticket. The staff are ALL AMAZING - so genuine and caring and authentic. They really love and care about what they do and all the guests benefit from this. The spa treatments were incredible, the food divine. The accommodation luxurious and the view to die for. And fellow guests all there for their own reasons - so respectful and so much fun!
Don't wait 'till you hit rock bottom - go and look after yourself at this divine place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are so gorgeous and sunny in winter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank T J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
#11 of 15 in Pokolbin

Been to Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia? Share your experiences!