First impression is that you are in the tropics with palm trees, Banana Bushes and colourful parrots overhead. Port Macquarie is a great place with a climate to match. It appears that The Village Resort time-share had its golden days in the early 2000's when the resort won a number of prestigious awards. These days it is starting to age as some of the bungalows are looking a bit dated. That's not to say that they are not comfortable. They have pretty well everything that is needed on a holiday. Our bungalow was huge with lots of chairs, big sofa, flat screen TV's and spacious bedrooms. Supremely comfortable!
That's not to say the resort doesn't throw up some challenges. For a start,it is worth noting that the resort is about ten kilometres from the town centre. We were very thankful that we took our car as I did not see much in the way of buses in the vicinity. The other problem is that the surrounding location is devoid of shops, newsagent and coffee shops. Almost invariably,we had to drive into the town centre for even our menial shopping. The resort has a number of great facilities such as tennis courts, mini golf, indoor pool, club rooms with table tennis and parlour games. There are also lots of BBQ's, some situated right on the lake. The resort has a very picturesque setting. As mentioned, Port Macquarie has one of the best climates in Australia. However the bizarre thing for us was how cold the inside of the bungalow was when we were there in June. In our bungalow, we had one larger bar heater which was ineffective in the large space of the bungalow. A very obliging Teresa from reception gave us a second heater, a smaller heater. Admittedly this greatly improved our situation but it wasn't perfect. Apart from a couple of cold nights in the bungalow, we had a very good holiday thanks to Village Resort Staff.
Points To Note:
1. At Village Resort, a car is a necessity.
2. Surprisingly, there are not many good long walking tracks near the resort. For those of you who walk an hour or more a day.,Tuffins lane and the sports fields around the corner is okay and out of reach of the constant traffic.
3. No restaurant at the resort. There are three Leagues Clubs in town and they are really good value for money. Beware of some restaurants in Port Macquarie as they are very expensive.
4. Wifi at Village Resort can be a bit erratic. Good Wifi in town at Port Central shopping Centre. Its free with a cup of coffee at the Coffee Club. Great coffee, too.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your ULTIQA Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.