“Very clean”

Ranked #32 of 42 Hotels in Port Macquarie
Australia
“Very clean”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was the 1st pet fiendly hotel I stayed at and was very impressed , it had timber floors and towel for the dogs it felt very clean.
It also came with a very good breakfast

Room Tip: Doors on both sides of the room, good for circulation.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The motel is on the way up with improved facilaties and obvious changes to the rooms. Was not the best stay I have ever had but this was caused by other guests being foul mouthed for 10mins at 1am.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
JamesDanton, General Manager at Koala Tree Motel, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
I am truly sorry that this has been your experience whilst staying with us. I feel lucky that this is such an infrequent problem as it's persoanlly my most hated of offensive behaiviors.

You probably knew to contact us if there was an issue but thought better of your verbal assailants and ironically thought not to disturb other people, probably thinking that decency would prevail...soon. Just remember that at any property you're staying at you should be able to report this type of disruptive activity to staff 24 hours a day as you can at ours. If you do contact us and let us know, even if the comotion has ended, you can have the satisfaction of knowing that we can warn your boisterus neighbours that the next sound they make will be off property, even in the early hours of the morning.

The quality of rest and relaxation that you receive here is of utmost concern to us. We want you to drift slowly out of your slumber when you want, not to be jarrred awake by people who just don't care what happens to you. We do care, that is why we are investing in new facilities all the time to make your stay a better one than the last. I will personally contact you shortly to arrange something special for you next stay and once again, my apologies.
Sydney
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I'm thinking that this used to be a pretty down and out highway motel. It isn't any more. Sure, it's still a budget hotel and the rooms are basic. But the place glows it's so clean and now the rooms have had a bit of a groovy make-over. They also provide a $5 PER ROOM continental breakfast. They can't make much money on this so it must be a customer service. So if you're looking for something basic, good value and thoughtfully presented, here it is. It isn't downtown but it is near an OK selection of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed March 2012
Gerringong
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at the Koala Tree as an overnighter on the way to Gold Coast. This hotel offers excellent value for money and since out last stay we have noted that a number of room upgrades have also occurred. The room No. 15 (family overnighter) we stayed in was relatively small, but spotlessly clean and had all the necessary inclusions you need including a small kitcenette with microwave & fridge.

The hotel itself is out of Port Mac's town centre & is a little difficult to find the entry at first, but it is also very quiet. We would defintely recommend this to others.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I picked this hotel from Trip Advisor because of all the great reviews. It's a shame my experience wasn't the same as others. There were cockroaches in the room that I had to catch and flush, and the roof of the bathroom had dozens of spiders. When I advised James at reception about these things, his reply was "It'll happen." Well, no... It doesn't happen if you actually care about cleaning and fumigation.

The room was fine, plenty of space, and tidy. The breakfast bar was a room that had a continental breakfast available from which you could help yourself, which was nice enough. Reminded me of some backpackers setups I've been to in the past, and therefore is less than what I'd expect from a hotel...

Because of the room with wildlife and uncaring attitude from James, I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
JamesDanton, Manager at Koala Tree Motel, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
This guest came to me at check-out time in the morning and told me that he had had a cockroach enter into his room and that there was a spiderweb left on the ceiling. After explaining that despite regular preventative steps being taken (meticulous cleaning, quarterly pesticidal treatments) as we are close to coastal areas and dense rainforrests, insects can enter a room if the door is open. Yes I agreed, it is possible. I also mentioned (and I may sound like a broken record here, but) if there are any issues during a guests' stay, please let the management of the property at which you are staying know at the time of the issue.

Wait...what? There were dozens of spiders? I'd have appreciated a call to the room just to witness such a thing. And you didn't bother to mention that to us upon check-out...or take a what would surely be an amazing photo? After closely inspecting the suite moments after this guest had left I did find a lone cobweb in the peak of the roof. As this part of the 'review' seeks to undermine our reputation for cleanliness, I must point out it's distinct lack of verisimilitude.

As for our Continental Buffet Breakfast, which includes five different types of cereals, skim and whole milk, fresh brewed coffee, tea, a cappucino machine, chilled bottled water, four types of fruit juices, white, wholegrain and fruit toasts, muffins, crumpets and six different spreads, all you can eat in air conditioned comfort for $2.50 per head, thankyou for drawing attention to it's exceptional value for money. While I'm using this oportunity to shamelessly self promote, we do also offer hot breakfasts served either in your room or in the Breakfast room should you want to enjoy the atmosphere, talk with other guests, read or even take a book or magazine from the free book exchange selection on offer or even just watch some TV on the big-screen plasma. We are also fully licensed and champagne breakfasts are a specialty!

But I digress....

At the point of check-out, as a guest is leaving the property there is little to nothing we can do to solve problems they've had and we do ask that if something IS wrong we are given the opportunity to set it right. In the grand majority of cases we can rectify issues within moments and if not we can upgrade guests to other rooms. Put us to the test, we'll surpass expectation everytime!
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Wow was our first word! We had one of the newly built Spa suites and, although we are seasoned world travelers this has to be one of the best places we've stayed at - and that includes The Savoy in London. The spa bathroom was great with a corner multi-jet two seater spa bath and a large flat screen tv in the bathroom! The TV in the bedroom was huge and all the furnishing was tasteful and comfortable. It was spotlessly clean. There is a gas BBQ available and the beautifully landscaped swimming pool was very clean. It was hot when we arrived and we asked for the AC to be left on during the day as the first day it was turned off. They couldn't have been more helpful, pleasant and friendly. Nowhere is perfect but this gets a 9.99% from me.

Room Tip: We had Unit 16 and are delighted with it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Three of us, my mother, my wife and myself stayed in the family unit for 7 days. After a short period of time I realised that there were things missing that I expected to be in the accommodation that we had booked. Things like wine glasses and place mats for the timber table among others. I spoke to James about these things and before I knew it everything that I had mentioned to him had been done. Well done...a great response to my call!

We had a very pleasant stay in what was a spotlessly clean and well presented older unit. It was very reasonable priced and convenient to everything in town. We will certainly be returning to Koala Tree Motel and I can only recommend to others to do the same.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family