“A Great Stay”

Narimba Lodge Motel
Katoomba, Australia
“A Great Stay”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We have stayed at this motel a few times now and it feels like a home from home. Steve and Trish make you feel welcome and look after you very well. The location is fantastic for visiting Port's sights, nice and quiet and a short drive or a walk into Port. Rooms are comfortable, clean and very quiet. I would definitely recommend the Narimba Lodge.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
port Macquarie
Reviewed 25 November 2013

A little backwater of peace and tranquility !
A pleasant tree lined street with an active adjacent boat-shed and ferry adding real life character.
I wish I could have stayed longer.
Pleasant caring hosts and clean and comfortable room.

Room Tip: Room on end nearest ferry has more boat views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Absolutely loved it. My husband and I were doing a road trip and this was the best place we stayed - and a great price too! The bed and sheets were comfortable and felt like sheets from home, not from a hospital! Everything was clean and tidy, the room was a good size and had plenty of bonuses, like a veranda, tea/coffee/bikkies, austar and extra sheets and pillows (which is important for us as we don't like to share!) The owner was wonderful, he gave us tips on where to eat, what to do and how to get around, and he even called to let me know I left my toothbrush there!
I cannot recommend this place enough. We will be back!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I stayed alone at the Narimba lodge. It was spotlessly clean, neat and tidy. The room was quite small but that was perfect for my needs as it was cozy for one. The room had air conditioning and a ceiling fan as well as a fridge, kettle, toaster and cable tv.

When I'm traveling I use my motel to shower, rest or sleep and this room fit my needs perfectly.

On checking out I chatted with the owner/operators who were some of the friendliest people ive ever met.

In the evenings, before bed, I loved sitting out on the verandah with a coffee watching the punt or the wild rabbits hop around.

This motel may not be right in the centre of town but it's so peaceful it doesn't matter. Besides you can drive to the centre of town in about 7 mins.

If you're like me and only use your accommodation to sleep and wash at then this place is perfect. It felt like a spare room at a relative's place.

When I go to Port Macquarie next year I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011
Perth
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Narimba lodge served it's purpose of providing my famliy of four with overnight accomodation but it was pretty rough! The furniture looked like it had come from the verge side bulk refuse collection and while the price was better than most for Port Macquarie, it was overpriced for the quality. Bathroom was clean and modern but a nasty smell wafted through the window. The bed my husband described as a hospital one but I'm afraid hospital beds are of much better quality! The area was peaceful, it was OK but I wouldn't choose to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family