“Super Fun!”

Port Macquarie Surf School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Port Macquaries' original and multi award winning surf school. We have been coaching surfers in the local area since 1981. Come and enjoy the amazing beaches, while learning to surf in a fun and safe environment. All our coaches are passionate surfers and if we can't get you riding, no -one can! Hire boards are also available (Hard and soft) for surfers wanting to get out there and experience the amazing waves of our coastline
Launceston
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Super Fun!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Phone call after 3.30pm to Wayne on a winter's day to check out whether he'd run a lesson for 7 young adults (13-16) and one big kid (40+).....and he quickly arrived and went about his business professionally but with a perfect blend of humour and ribbing that teenagers respond so well to! All had an absolute blast and had to be directed out of the water when it was almost dark, against their wishes, because they were enjoying it so much.

If you or your kids want to learn to surf, don't go past this family business - everyone rated the experience and the coach a 5/5! Thanks Wayne!

2 Thank BAMZAK

Port Macquarie, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Lean to surf the fun way”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This family business is done in such a relaxed way by all the family. Very experienced coaches that make surfing so much fun. If you have never surfed reccomend as a must do for anyone visiting Port Macquarie.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Chris B
Sydney, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Brilliant Surf School!!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We booked my daughter for a set of three surf lessons on our recent short trip to Port Macquarie. She has had surf lessons before in Sydney with a few of the popular surf schools and let me tell you we were so impressed with Port Macquarie Surf School. My daughters coach was Wayne down at Flynns Beach. Its a lovely small beach and an ideal setting for learning to surf. The classes were a good size too.

They are particularly great with children and Amy who handles all the booking is really friendly and flexible. We even managed to squeeze in a fourth lesson early yesterday morning before we left.

There is a young guy Zane who takes amazing photos of the kids and these are really good value if you are lucky enough to catch him.

I would highly recommend this as an amazing experience for your kids. My daughter said it was the best thing she has ever done in her life!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 4nomadsAU
Casco, Maine, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Surfing made fun”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My "almost" 10 year old daughter and I took surfing lessons with Port Macquarie Surf School in March. I was pretty nervous but wanted to make this a special thing that we did together while visiting Australia. I have to admit that it was one of the best things I have ever done. PMSS did such a great job making me feel comfortable and actually getting me up on the board, my daughter was amazing and was up on her second try. Flynn's Beach is such a great beach to learn to surf and you can not get any better with the surf coaches at PMSS. They were very professional and did a super job teaching and making the day fantastic.... Give them a try, you will be glad you did.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank 100Tracy87
Amy H, Owner at Port Macquarie Surf School, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Great to hear. We hope that the lessons were amazing and look forward to seeing you out in the water!!!
Brisbane, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“great staff, excellent activity”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

the staff were great and comprehensive in their lesson, ample time in the water and small groups providing more attention

Visited March 2013
1 Thank lizmcd1960
Thank you for the great review. It makes all the work put in to developing programs and coaching styles even more pleasing when it pays off and people leave the beach happy. We really appreciate the time taken to write this review and hope to see you in the future